Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Roofer in Worthing Area

Jul 7, 2003
Can anyone recommend a roofer in the Worthing area? We have a couple of tiles that have slipped and need resetting so only a few minutes work.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Can anyone recommend a roofer in the Worthing area? We have a couple of tiles that have slipped and need resetting so only a few minutes work.

I'm not a roofer, but am in the building trade, and I'd suggest that you let a roofer decide if it's ' a few minutes work '.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had a leaking flat roof and we used DW Roofing. Very good, despite being a Palace fan.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
We had a leaking flat roof and we used DW Roofing. Very good, despite being a Palace fan.

I have a couple of quality recommendations also, but the lads won't be told that it's only a few minutes work, by a non roofer customer, I suspect.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Big mistake, under no circumstances tell any tradesman this. [emoji2]
I had an old customer ( female palace fan) text me last week.. "I'm having a loft conversion next week and need heating up there, it's only one radiator so think it's a painless job"

I was too busy

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had an old customer ( female palace fan) text me last week.. "I'm having a loft conversion next week and need heating up there, it's only one radiator so think it's a painless job"

I was too busy

Not sure how many times I've heard " while you're here, can you re do the sealant on my bath? " :glare: :annoyed:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A few minutes work? It won’t take you long, I would do it myself but.....=== I’m really busy for the next few weeks :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I was too busy

Was this the woman with palarse flags in her garden :eek:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Was this the woman with palarse flags in her garden :eek:
Yep, remember when her drains were blocked solid? I missed an opportunity to make a video of a steaming pile of shit and then pan up to a smellhurst sign!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do what I did.

Wait till your neighbour decides they need a new roof.

Hope they contract https://www.russtheroofer.com/

While a Russ of some kind was on their roof, call out:-

"Hey Russ any chance you can slide those tiles back in for me?"

One of the Russ' duly obliged and earned the easiest £20 in history.
It was only a few minutes work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you like people telling you how to do your job?
Oh I fully understand how that can be frustrating for you, but the reaction to the OP is still quite funny. A simple 'ask some roofers how long it will take, as I expect the work will take longer than you think' would have done, but instead the thread (about finding a roofer) has turned in to a tradesmen's 'bellend customers' thread. Not that I mind, it's just funny.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I do my own with a roof ridge ladder, a rope and my climbing harness. Great fun.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Oh I fully understand how that can be frustrating for you, but the reaction to the OP is still quite funny. A simple 'ask some roofers how long it will take, as I expect the work will take longer than you think' would have done, but instead the thread (about finding a roofer) has turned in to a tradesmen's 'bellend customers' thread. Not that I mind, it's just funny.
We all know the warning signs :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do what I did.

Wait till your neighbour decides they need a new roof.

Hope they contract https://www.russtheroofer.com/

While a Russ of some kind was on their roof, call out:-

"Hey Russ any chance you can slide those tiles back in for me?"

One of the Russ' duly obliged and earned the easiest £20 in history.
It was only a few minutes work.
Cheapskate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here