Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ashley Barnes: Burnley forward signs new contract to 2022

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ashley Barnes says he would "like to see out" his playing days at Burnley after extending his contract with the club until the end of the 2022 season.

The 30-year-old, who has played a club record 146 Premier League games for the Clarets has an option of an extra year.

Barnes, who is Burnley's Premier League era top scorer with 36 goals, has notched four in 10 games this season.

"I just want to continue playing at the highest level possible, and hopefully that is with Burnley," he said.

Barnes joined Burnley*in 2014 from Brighton*for an undisclosed fee.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Barnes says he would "like to see out" his playing days at Burnley after extending his contract with the club until the end of the 2022 season.

The 30-year-old, who has played a club record 146 Premier League games for the Clarets has an option of an extra year.

Barnes, who is Burnley's Premier League era top scorer with 36 goals, has notched four in 10 games this season.

"I just want to continue playing at the highest level possible, and hopefully that is with Burnley," he said.

Barnes joined Burnley*in 2014 from Brighton*for an undisclosed fee.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Good for him, a player I would happily have seen return to the Albion until this season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good for him, a player I would happily have seen return to the Albion until this season.

Exactly. Definitely not a Potterball player. Good luck to him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope he can continue to play as long as Glenn.Good luck Ash.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good for him. Top bloke who was great for the Albion.

Mr Burns will be over the moon with this news!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don’t have a problem with Barnes, was decent for us and often played out of position.

However does make me laugh how some of his biggest fans on here were beyond critical of Andone’s attitude and temperament when Barnes was sent off for deliberately tripping a REF !!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t have a problem with Barnes, was decent for us and often played out of position.

However does make me laugh how some of his biggest fans on here were beyond critical of Andone’s attitude and temperament when Barnes was sent off for deliberately tripping a REF !!!!

Suggest you have a look at the comments on here when he did that. I think some came close to having a heart attack in their verbal abuse of him.

Oh and the ref was an absolute **** in that game, no excuse, but he was.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That was playful and you know it cannot compare the two even with a vivid imagination.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can’t stand Burnley or the stupid ginger dalek, but I’m always quite pleased when AB scores a goal. I can’t help but like the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here