Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AITC making you smile.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How Albion in the Community and the PL have allowed one young person the opportunity to help others.

One of those coaches is Jaime Quinn from Brighton, who joined in with PL Kicks sessions run by Brighton & Hove Albion's Albion in the Community at the Manor Gym in 2014.

"I had an interest in football but the boys wouldn't let me play it in school," she says. "Having something to go to after school and then being welcomed by it was nice."

Initially, Jaime was lacking in confidence but with support and guidance from Kicks coaches, she started to develop an interest in coaching.

A positive that's rises above recent events :clap:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1486327

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a fantastic story! Really nice to see. I hope she goes on to develop further.

As a slight aside, but very much related. It's been my belief for years that grass roots football needs a massive change. I coached a kids football team for years, as a parent. It gave me more confidence, having gone on numerous FA coaching courses as a result. But ultimately, I think we need to be getting youngsters coaching kids, not parents.

I'd love to see the money in the game fund youngsters, especially NEET's, to take their coaching badges and then pay them a living wage to coach kids football. It's a win/win. We get young people in purposeful full time employment that gives them confidence and contributes to society. And the kids get coached by a well qualified young person they can much more readily relate to, rather than parents doing the coaching.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This sounds like a great scheme. Also emphasises how far we've come when I think that Brighton were in the Third Division for almost the whole time I was at Meeching Valley (as it was at the time).

Not sure about the presenter's description of the school as being "on the outskirts of Brighton" though.

This is brilliant too. Using fantasy football to teach basic maths, budgeting and organising is a great idea. Chuck in the kudos of the club and it's staff and players, and it's a winner all round. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm immensely proud of all the great work that AITC do across so many levels. Mrs V had a visit from a couple of players and Gully at the school where she was teaching and the kids loved it, went mad for Gully and almost ignored the players ! It was a primary school though !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here