Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Definitive General Election Poll

What was your last vote and your intended upcoming vote?

• CON - CON

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • LAB - CON

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • LD - CON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTH - CON

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • LAB - LAB

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • LD - LAB

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - LAB

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • OTH - LAB

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • LD - LD

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • CON - LD

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • LAB - LD

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • OTH - LD

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • LAB - BREXIT

• CON - BREXIT

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • LD - BREXIT

• OTH - BREXIT

• LAB - OTHER

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - OTHER

• LD - OTHER

• OTHER - OTHER

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes - I know there is another one but I am genuinely interested in the results of this one as it might be a bit more of an insight into what might happen rather than just the voting intentions of a football message board. The changes in votes will be a big thing so let's see what NSC says. I don't think I have missed an option - Green counts as other along with every other small party.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
HWT is going to lose his shit :facepalm:

An upside to everything. :) But this will all hinge on vote swings and that might be more telling. I find the dynamics fascinating and I can only see Farage cannibalising the Tories. I know they will gain leave voters across the spectrum but it seems like it will hurt the Tories more.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I live in a different constituency now than I did in 2017, as a result who I will be voting for is different to who I would vote for if I was in the same place.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just to add - I am aware that there probably aren't many LAB - BREXIT voters on here whereas there will obviously be loads in Labour Leave areas but I still find this an interesting exercise. And I have a feeling the changes might be scattergun making any predictions and polls much more guesswork than normal.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I live in a different constituency now than I did in 2017, as a result who I will be voting for is different to who I would vote for if I was in the same place.
You seem like a sensible individual voting on more than one issue and the quality of the candidates. I have a feeling you might be in the minority.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You should lump in the Cons and LDs in together, cos if the Tories get the largest number of MPs, but not a majority, the LDs will get into bed with them again. This is what I expect to happen.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Whereas Brexit isn't a party at all and has no manifesto nor members. :facepalm:
I wasn't trying to set up a poll based on Hansard but good for you. I think the fact they call themselves the Brexit Party means most people will figure out who I mean.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You should lump in the Cons and LDs in together, cos if the Tories get the largest number of MPs, but not a majority, the LDs will get into bed with them again. This is what I expect to happen.

Only way that happens is if the Tories offer a second referendum on the deal. Boris would happily do it if it meant saving his own worthless skin for another precious few months, but I can't see the rank and file buying it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It will be a Kyle hattrick for me. :thumbsup:

If I wasn't living in his ward, I'd be more inclined to vote for the Liberal Democrats to try and block Brexit leaning parties. But as it goes, Kyle is my MP.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not my intention to gauge who will get in power but more what the various switches will be. It looks like LDs will be big winners with the NSC demographic and there probably aren't enough Leavers on here to gauge how big the swing to Farage's lot (Not a party) will be. I just think this could be the first election to have a wide range of allegiance switches rather than the usual swing voters changing blue to red or vice versa. And probably a far few dyed in the wool Tory/Labour voters holding their nose and changing their vote to reflect their Brexit views.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

If I wasn't living in his ward, I'd be more inclined to vote for the Liberal Democrats to try and block Brexit leaning parties. But as it goes, Kyle is my MP.

Yes.

Live in Hove or Portslade?
Think leaving the EU is a terrible idea?
Not a fan of Corbyn, but like the idea more than Boris?
Want your vote to count?
Like a having a highly regarded proper local consistuency MP?

There’s only really one choice

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to always vote Lib-Dem for many years as they were the best chance of turning over a huge Tory majority that had been in place for decades. Last election out and I met many Labour canvassers and supporters doing the rounds in a positive way and they said that they were seeing the start of real change in our constituency, as our sitting Tory MP usually fails to campaign I thought " Sod it " and voted Labour for the first time in a GE.

Last time out the Tory majority was slashed by almost 2/3rds and I hope this is built on this time around. I'm just fed up of listening to Tory lies about how the economy can only be entrusted to them alone as Labour would " Ruin the country for decades" … they conveniently overlook the cuts, closures and the stagnation and decay of our society on their watch.

Arrogant rich people immune from the loss of services that they created are now saying they are going to magically repair all the damage THEY have done over the last ten years ?

Time for real change.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just realised given the number of LAB - LAB that I probably should have had 40 options rather than 20 and added Leave/Remain options to each but much as I find the dynamics interesting, I can't be arsed with that. :mad:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I know these are unusual political times, but I’d say the possibility of that happening is miniscule

From the Tory’s point of view, the entire cabinet is basically ERG types now.

From the Libs point of view, they will know the last time they did something like this (in politically much less febrile times) sent them from 50 odd seats to 8 seats. Swinson would basically be ending her party

Not a chance mate

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just realised given the number of LAB - LAB that I probably should have had 40 options rather than 20 and added Leave/Remain options to each but much as I find the dynamics interesting, I can't be arsed with that. :mad:

What you have done is a good way of getting to what the result is likely to be

But would have to be done up and down the country as the dynamics are very different all over the regions to get an accurate picture

Jan 30, 2008

The same bloke that voted against this general election in Parliament , what a ****ing hypocrite
Regards
DF

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What you have done is a good way of getting to what the result is likely to be

But would have to be done up and down the country as the dynamics are very different all over the regions to get an accurate picture

Oh - I know asking a centre left messageboard is not a great indication of the country as a whole but it is as good as I can get. I'm struggling to see anything other than a hung parliament now that Nige and Boris don't get on, Labour going so left wing that they are sat in the stands and the Lib Dems having a leader with the personality of the bad Miliband. I think we are screwed whatever happens so I have decided to enjoy watching the dynamics unfold. Especially now I have lost the joy of watching Bercow winding people up despite fully expecting him to be the thoroughly unpleasant bully people suggest he is. You have to get some small pleasures out of adversity and this will probably be the most intriguing General Election in my generation. Especially as I have said several times, whoever I vote for will be irrelevant with a Tory majority of 24000.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here