Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time In Brighton: 14th November 2019

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it should be the UK that decides what happens in British waters, not the EU.

Fortunately, the EU stops us Brits from wiping out all the fish in British waters now , previously we wiped out the Cornish Pilchard stocks, North Sea Herring and North Sea Cod stocks...…. then went to Iceland and started stealing theirs which led to the Cod War. :facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Green Party is prominent in Brighton because of the student element and and is not supported anywhere else in the Uk in such numbers. FWIW I do not support the Brexit party and my life and existence doesnt rely on a non consequential party There is much more to living on Sussex

There are very few student dwellings where I live and yet we have three Green councillors.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Woman turning on the milky bar kid in the audience.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Woman turning on the milky bar kid in the audience.

Should have just left them to it. More entertaining than the panel.

I wouldn't be shocked if the lad is a Tory member.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Mr Laughably and his #CleverlyFacts, or lies as most of us call them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cleverly is a bit of a knob. Actually the quality of most politicians is a joke

Seems like Cleverly is claiming the Tories started the NHS now ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I noticed that Caroline Lucas is not on the panel nor should she be. She is an MP for the least supported party with next to no voters and has never got anything sensible or progressive to say herself.

I don't think you can really understand what progressive means.

And she speaks more sense than most other MPs

She doesn't just rely on silly sound bites like "leave means leave".

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Green Party is prominent in Brighton because of the student element and and is not supported anywhere else in the Uk in such numbers. FWIW I do not support the Brexit party and my life and existence doesnt rely on a non consequential party There is much more to living on Sussex

If the Green Party was solely successful because of the student element we would see much more success in other metropolitan areas.

The party has built up its vote in Brighton over many, many years. The first councillor was elected in, I think, the early 90s.

The membership, those I know anyway, are quite long standing.

Students do vote for other parties. My understanding is the differential between the student vote and other demographics is not as large as some think.

I can confidently say that Caroline Lucas would be elected whether the students voted or not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I noticed that Caroline Lucas is not on the panel nor should she be. She is an MP for the least supported party with next to no voters and has never got anything sensible or progressive to say herself.

I think you need to move fast BG and get that NHS Hearing Aid before it's too late, if you could hear what she says you would realise most of it makes perfect sense.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Correct. I’m no Green but CL received over 30,000 of the 57,000 votes cast in 2017. Her nearest challenger secured 15,000. Its moronic to suggest students alone are voting her in. As I said, I’m not a Green voter, but as far as MPs go she appears to me to be one of the best in the country.

The Labour candidate in that election was also a student himself. So there is no doubt he would have secured a lot of support.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Worst question time of the series, worst panellists, worst audience, virtue signalling to excess and a thoroughly depressing last 40 minutes.
A total embarrasment to the city.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

says man who thinks Dunk is a poor player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here