Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leyton Orient vs Brighton U23

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
He is in his second scholar year with us. Has spent a fair amount of time injured.

Last season he only made 11 appearances for the U-18s but did score 6 goals (all 6 goals came in a run of 5 successive starts through February and March). He hadn't made his first start until January 12th, with only two sub appearances before December. He made one appearance for the development squad last season, scoring as a sub against Eastbourne Town in the SSC in February.

At the start of this season he was injured again. He has two goals in 5 appearances for the U-18s this term and has started the last couple of matches for the development squad.

We signed him from Coleraine. He became their youngest ever first team scorer when he netted (at the age of 15) in their North-West Cup semi-final against Moyola Park in September 2017. He is a Northern Ireland U-17 international. The Albion website reported on September 1st this year that he had been called up to the NI U-19 squad but his injury forced his withdrawal. He hasn't been capped since he has been with us.

Thanks for that you’re a font of knowledge mate

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Last round of fixtures for the group stage tonight.

Draw for the 2nd Round is on Saturday at 2pm and will be on Sky Sports News.

We will be drawn at home and we could even get Ipswich.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We will be drawn at home against 1 of :

Ipswich
Oxford
Coventry
Exeter, Newport or West Ham U21
Plymouth, Bristol Rovers or Chelsea U21
Stevenage
Northampton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are we definitely at home?
I thought I’d read somewhere that U21s could only play away until the two legged semi-finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Adam El-Abd to return to the Amex ? ???

Or even Mackail-Smith.

Apart from that, who do we want at The Amex?

Wonder if Ipswich would bring a banner again? How the mighty have fallen. Oh well.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Adam El-Abd to return to the Amex ? ???

It would be interesting to see this in terms of our progression. A decent and really improved player in his later years for us up against our youth team hot shots

Cashman v El Abd

Also how would Haydon Roberts handle CMS?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Newport at home.

Was always going to be at home.

Sorry.
He doesn't mean it was destiny, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]; we're at home because we won the group.

Will be played at a ghostly Amex, too. Hopefully, Lord Bracknell will be looking on from above.

Are we definitely at home?
I thought I’d read somewhere that U21s could only play away until the two legged semi-finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I refer my learned friend back to post #19.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Will be played at a ghostly Amex, too.

I'm not so sure. The one noticeable thing about the club's tweet today was:-

[TWEET]1195705391692353536[/TWEET]

"Further information, including the date, venue and ticket details..."

Sounds like the club might have registered The People's Pension Stadium as their home venue (otherwise why else mention it?).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Knew this would happen :(

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lord Bracknell would have been savoring this one if he was still with us. From chatting to him at u23/reserve games over the years, these were his beloved teams.

Could NSC club together and sponsor it or the ball or the boot laces in his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here