Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leyton Orient vs Brighton U23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I right the shootout is irrelevant to us?

FWIW we’re about to lose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where can I see sides left in and when is draw ?

I was going to suggest this site but I notice that their tables are wrong (they have given L. Orient 3 points for tonight's win - it wasn't a win, as explained above) so you probably shouldn't pay any heed to it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Are we allowed to draw another U21 side?

I think so, two U21 sides drew each other a few years ago.

This is from Wikipedia about last season:

‘Teams were drawn in a regionalised format, with the proviso that no teams from the same Group Stage group can meet. To ensure this, group winners from groups A to D were drawn against group runners-up from groups E to H in the same section, and vice versa.’

Also, we got to Round 3 a few years ago, but lost to Coventry, who went on to win the whole thing.

Would love it if we got there again and get Portsmouth away.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The young lad Wilson seems to have skipped through the u18s straight into the 23s do you know much about him mate?

He is in his second scholar year with us. Has spent a fair amount of time injured.

Last season he only made 11 appearances for the U-18s but did score 6 goals (all 6 goals came in a run of 5 successive starts through February and March). He hadn't made his first start until January 12th, with only two sub appearances before December. He made one appearance for the development squad last season, scoring as a sub against Eastbourne Town in the SSC in February.

At the start of this season he was injured again. He has two goals in 5 appearances for the U-18s this term and has started the last couple of matches for the development squad.

We signed him from Coleraine. He became their youngest ever first team scorer when he netted (at the age of 15) in their North-West Cup semi-final against Moyola Park in September 2017. He is a Northern Ireland U-17 international. The Albion website reported on September 1st this year that he had been called up to the NI U-19 squad but his injury forced his withdrawal. He hasn't been capped since he has been with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here