Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home league match Sunday 17th November is at the Amex!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
For those interested in the Womens game or anyone who hasn't been to a game but would like to, during the international break in the premier league the Albion womens team will be playing their next home Womens Super League match at the Amex on the 17th November against Birmingham City who are just above them in the league. Kickoff is at 2pm, and free travel will again be provided by Seagulls Travel

Tickets can be bought online from the Albion in advance at the following prices:

Adult: £3, Seniors (65+): £1, Under 18: £1, Lounge Access (all ages) : £10

On the day tickets will be:

Adult: £6, Seniors (65+): £3, Under 18: £3, Lounge Access (all ages) : £15

There are several incentives to encourage a good crowd, so why not come along and support the women even if you've never thought about going to a womens match before:

• Any groups that wish to buy ten or more tickets can do so at a cost of £1 per ticket.
  • All season-ticket holders at the Amex will be able to claim TWO FREE tickets, and all FAWSL season-ticket holders will be able to claim FOUR FREE tickets, in addition to their own ticket, to bring friends and family to enjoy the match, but must be booked by 5pm on Saturday 16th November

All fans who buy a ticket in advance for this match will be able to claim a ticket for £1 for our next WSL match, which takes place against Reading on Sunday 1st December at The People’s Pension Stadium at Crawley, kick-off 2pm.

Official information about the fixture is available here : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1365988/wsl-action-returns-to-the-amex/

I'm gutted I'm going to be away for this fixture so hope its not the only time they'll play at the Amex this season, but this is a good opportunity to get along and support the women truly at home!

UTA! :albion2: :amex:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m going to join you in the tricky to defend position of really hoping it does well, but probably not attending myself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club are holding a media day at the Amex on Friday morning ahead of this one.

I thought it slightly strange that whilst the invite includes mention of an open training session, that is happening at the University of Sussex and not on the Amex pitch itself.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’m going to join you in the tricky to defend position of really hoping it does well, but probably not attending myself.

Same. I'd love to go but Sundays are impossible for me as I coach a girls rugby team.

Still, at least I'm doing my bit for female sport.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The club are holding a media day at the Amex on Friday morning ahead of this one.

I thought it slightly strange that whilst the invite includes mention of an open training session, that is happening at the University of Sussex and not on the Amex pitch itself.

That is odd, but I guess its a start and at least closer than Crawley or the training ground!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you can get past some of the spelling (nothing new there as it is the Argus after all), theres an article about this game on the Argus website:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18025449.ambitious-albion-women-want-record-crowds-amex/

UTA

I went to the media day yesterday, and got finger-wagged by Hope Powell for not attending previous ones. The fact that it's not my paid-for job cut no ice with her.

You can hear Hope Powell and Fliss Gibbons on this week's Roar.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

That is where the women train. The lawnmower display team was on the Amex pitch at that time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been thinking about all the call for the ;ladies to be paid on a par with men and agree that they should by comparative abilities but I wonder if they would agree to be paid the same as Southwick or Worthing Utd. and the England team on a par with Burgess Hill.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have been thinking about all the call for the ;ladies to be paid on a par with men and agree that they should by comparative abilities but I wonder if they would agree to be paid the same as Southwick or Worthing Utd. and the England team on a par with Burgess Hill.

Lewes do this currently (only team that does I think) which isn’t so far away from what you’re suggesting (Women’s Championship vs Isthmian Premier). I guess it more or less works for them in terms of revenue (similar sized crowds at least) but the economics of the game at the elite level will never let this happen unless the women’s game get’s a £4.5bn BT/ Sky deal..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here