Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] This General Election - Is it about Government or Brexit ?

What you going for ?

• Manifesto for Government

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Brexit Position

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't want to know how you will vote.

Just a simple question, will you vote for a Government to Govern the country based on their manifesto, or on the basis of their Brexit position ?

And no bloody fence sitting !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Manifesto position. Whoever gets elected is running the country for the next 5 years. There's more to the issue than the EU saga.

Or not, as it seems looking at the poll.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
90% about Brexit for me - that will have a far longer term impact on the country than the next 5 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with the poster above that the Brexit outcome is more important long term, than manifesto promises, that will be short-lived, if enacted at all.

In my case it is largely immaterial though - the relative weighting on either issue, makes no difference to where I will - and would have - cast my vote.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its Brexit because this underpins any manifesto.

Go the Brexit route and we're be in the slow lane and stuck in traffic for the foreseeable future. And also dealing with the break up of our union as well

The term "Get Brexit Done" really couldn't be further from the truth.

It will be Britain that is done....

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh, it is all about Brexit and it's impact on our country as a whole. I'm sure we all have family scattered throughout the United Kingdom, and we have to do what is best for all of us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Tories will wreck the economy with their hard Brexit which breaks the 'Leave commitment' to 'be part of' the 'free tradezone between Iceland and the border of Russia'.

So in order to actually have any money to spend on any other policy, then their extremist version of Brexit needs to be stopped.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, thanks Watford. We've got a Brexit thread, a GE thread and now we've got a Brexit and General Election thread. Marvellous. You're a moderator's dream :facepalm: :lolol: :wrong:

I've answered this on the GE thread though. I will vote, as I always do, for the best local candidate whose view largely fit my own on a range of subjects. That's Peter Kyle for me, It will NOT be a vote "for" Labour or Corbyn though. And, while his Brexit position is similar to mine that's not the be all and end all either. I've met him, he's knocked on my door, helped friends of mine and works tirelessly for his constituency.

I do not want either of the two main parties winning because both of their manifestos have things in I don't like and both their leaders are people who will be detrimental to the country in the long term. As far as Brexit goes, though (and I voted Remain) it is about time the country had the bucket of shit it voted for tipped over its head.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, thanks Watford. We've got a Brexit thread, a GE thread and now we've got a Brexit and General Election thread. Marvellous. You're a moderator's dream :facepalm: :lolol: :wrong:

I've answered this on the GE thread though. I will vote, as I always do, for the best local candidate whose view largely fit my own on a range of subjects. That's Peter Kyle for me, It will NOT be a vote "for" Labour or Corbyn though. And, while his Brexit position is similar to mine that's not the be all and end all either. I've met him, he's knocked on my door, helped friends of mine and works tirelessly for his constituency.

I do not want either of the two main parties winning because both of their manifestos have things in I don't like and both their leaders are people who will be detrimental to the country in the long term. As far as Brexit goes, though (and I voted Remain) it is about time the country had the bucket of shit it voted for tipped over its head.

Sorry :down:

(Bloody fencesitter !)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
manifestos, and quite willing to not vote for any if they are full of shite, which i fear they will be.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I just wish my vote mattered (I am in a safe seat - I will still go and vote anyway of course)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here