Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] KSI v Logan Paul

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of the most highly anticipated boxing bouts of the year and possibly the highest viewing figures for a PPV bout in history. After the high drama of the first fight it has all the makings of an absolute classic. Dave at the Ship is opening late for us all to watch it, where will you be watching it and who wins?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dave at the Ship is opening late for us all to watch it, where will you be watching it and who wins?

Crodo, I'm going for another draw.

Have a lovely evening. We're all hoping that Polly and Giles along with Gurjit from Accounts can make it too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm so excited I literally haven't slept for a week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Polly will be right up for this, not so sure about Giles.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Embarrassment. Eddie Hearn should be ashamed.

burnley-fc-v-afc-bournemouth-premier-league-5ba69c4fe0f880209100000a.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Crodo, I'm going for another draw.

Have a lovely evening. We're all hoping that Polly and Giles along with Gurjit from Accounts can make it too.

I could be wrong but I don't think Polly and Giles are down in Lyme this week (Crodo hasn't mentioned it). Hope Dave's doing one of his famous finger buffets though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People who get so annoyed about this are hilarious :lolol: Boxing can only gain from fights like this to try to pull in a new generation of fans, sure it might not be your cup of tea but these two have actually done the sport of boxing a real favour, this isn’t just two random guys these two have dedicated themselves to boxing and training for nearly 2 years and they are stepping in the ring and putting everything on the line, just like any other boxer.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And sad news this morning from a REAL boxer. Two time Olympic gold medalist and WBO flyweight champion of the world, Nicola Adams OBE has announced her retirement for medical reasons.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
People who get so annoyed about this are hilarious :lolol: Boxing can only gain from fights like this to try to pull in a new generation of fans, sure it might not be your cup of tea but these two have actually done the sport of boxing a real favour, this isn’t just two random guys these two have dedicated themselves to boxing and training for nearly 2 years and they are stepping in the ring and putting everything on the line, just like any other boxer.

Absolute nonsense. Boxing is not sport to be toyed with. With what happened with Patrick Day only last month the last thing Boxing needs is two Youtubers in a professional ring with 10oz gloves. Hearn's eyeys only on money again.

Your last line shows how little you know.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolute nonsense. Boxing is not sport to be toyed with. With what happened with Patrick Day only last month the last thing Boxing needs is two Youtubers in a professional ring with 10oz gloves. Hearn's eyeys only on money again.

Eh? My last line? They have been training every day dedicating themselves to the sport for a long time, they aren’t two random idiots who don’t know how to box, I know a lot actually, I’ve been following this for years and have been a boxing fan all my life. Boxing is a dangerous sport, for any fighter and always will be.

You clearly don’t understand how much this will bring to the sport of boxing. Not really bothered anyway, wait till you see the viewing figures and keep up the ignorance.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's a bit pathetic that an Olympian and two weight world champion is deemed to be the undercard. Imagine going to Wembley to watch England Vs Brazil, and the main game is Burgess Hill Vs Met Police!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bit pathetic that an Olympian and two weight world champion is deemed to be the undercard. Imagine going to Wembley to watch England Vs Brazil, and the main game is Burgess Hill Vs Met Police!

Wait, Burgess Hill and Met Police each have 20m fans?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

My 12 year old son watches youtubers all the time and likes pretty much all sport, including boxing. That may be because we let him stay up to watch an AJ fight with me not so long ago, but still....

He doesn't understand why anyone would pay for even a round of this fight, has no interest in it and told me "to be honest Dad, I bet it's rigged".

This is not taking a sport to a brave new audience. It is, as Withdean11 points out, a money grabbing exerrcise by promoters that will put two entirely unsuitable candidates in more danger than they should be.

And, yes, I know this is a typical crodo fishing trip thread but the blatently obvious response to this fight is actually the correct one.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My 12 year old son watches youtubers all the time and likes pretty much all sport, including boxing. That may be because we let him stay up to watch an AJ fight with me not so long ago, but still....

He doesn't understand why anyone would pay for even a round of this fight, has no interest in it and told me "to be honest Dad, I bet it's rigged".

This is not taking a sport to a brave new audience. It is, as Withdean11 points out, a money grabbing exerrcise by promoters that will put two entirely unsuitable candidates in more danger than they should be.

And, yes, I know this is a typical crodo fishing trip thread but the blatently obvious response to this fight is actually the correct one.

Sigh, no offence to you or anyone else mate but do some research on this. These aren’t two random unsuitable idiots from YouTube they are two men who have dedicated their lives to boxing and training for nearly 2 years, just because your 12 year old isn’t overly interested doesn’t mean a whole lot of other younger people aren’t, a friend of mine works in combat sports and the uptake of participation from young people up to the age of 25 has been remarkable.

I get a lot of the older generations may not get this and think it’s a farce, but if you open your eyes and do your own research to make you’re own mind up you’ll realise this isn’t just some money spinning gimmick, not anymore than any other boxing fight is anyway. This categorically WILL bring a different type of audience and age range to boxing, participating and watching.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sigh, no offence to you or anyone else mate but do some research on this. These aren’t two random unsuitable idiots from YouTube they are two men who have dedicated their lives to boxing and training for nearly 2 years, just because your 12 year old isn’t overly interested doesn’t mean a whole lot of other younger people aren’t, a friend of mine works in combat sports and the uptake of participation from young people up to the age of 25 has been remarkable.

I get a lot of the older generations may not get this and think it’s a farce, but if you open your eyes and do your own research to make you’re own mind up you’ll realise this isn’t just some money spinning gimmick, not anymore than any other boxing fight is anyway. This categorically WILL bring a different type of audience and age range to boxing, participating and watching.

I know who they are and they are no more pro boxers than Dillian Whyte is a professional chef. A few people might have liked seeing him on Masterchef but that doesn't mean I want him to suddenly start cooking my chateaubriand when I'm out with the wife.

It's the boxing equivalent of Soccer Aid only with the charity element replaced by cynical PPV.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
And sad news this morning from a REAL boxer. Two time Olympic gold medalist and WBO flyweight champion of the world, Nicola Adams OBE has announced her retirement for medical reasons.

I almost spat my coffee out laughing (childishly) this morning when the newsreader said she was retiring because "....any more abuse in the ring could see her go blind.."

I thought it was something else which did that... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here