Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rees Mogg / Andrew Bridgen Grenfell

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry I know it's on another thread, but I'm uncomfortable using THAT thread to discuss Grenfell.

Anyway - if it couldn't get any worse for the loony right of the Tory Party, Andrew Bridgen (you know, the really really thick ERG member who thought all English people are entitled to an Irish Passport) defends Rees Moog comments on the basis he is is more intelligent than the firefighters and the victims.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-defends-jacob-rees-20818947

Host Evan Davies told Mr Bridgen people had taken issue with the suggestion that Mr Rees-Mogg would not have died because he was "cleverer" than the people who took the fire brigade's advice, Mr Bridgen said: "But we want very clever people running the country, don’t we, Evan?

"That is a by-product of what Jacob is and that is why he is in a position of authority.

Yep, that's what the Tory party have become.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It must be hard for Andrew Brigden: pretty much everyone is cleverer than he is - that's quite a handicap

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mark Francois makes Brigden look like Einstein! What is it with ERG members being so incredibly cerebrally challenged?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not a great fan of Rees Mogg but he is getting a battering from his opponents when he just said he would not stay in a burning building. Clumsy yes but making out he is insulting people and he is more intelligent, nah. I don't think he mean't that or even implied it. I think most of us would feel uneasy being told to stay in a burning building

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am not a great fan of Rees Mogg but he is getting a battering from his opponents when he just said he would not stay in a burning building. Clumsy yes but making out he is insulting people and he is more intelligent, nah. I don't think he mean't that or even implied it. I think most of us would feel uneasy being told to stay in a burning building

Exactly.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

He deserves all the criticism he gets, the man is a disgrace and should resign, he was talking about the dead!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He deserves all the criticism he gets, the man is a disgrace and should resign

Possibly but not for this for the reasons given. A chance for his opponents to fake moral outrage

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I'd suggest Bridgen is still smarting from his lengthy put down by Bercow a few days ago. I really thought it cringe worthy the manner he timed and tabled his objections again on Bercows last day.

He really does seem absolutely desparate to be a major player in the big boys club.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mainly because it's not the first time he has been forced to apologise regarding something utterly stupid he has said.

He lives in a bubble completely detached from the lives of the majority of people in this country and as a throw back to an age well gone he isn't fit for office.

Check out his interview on LBC where he thinks Brexit is good for the poor because they can buy cheap shoes and eat hormone injected meat.

He is a disgrace and an embarrassment not only to the Tory party but the country at large.

Defend him all you like, you know your place.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mainly because it's not the first time he has been forced to apologise regarding something utterly stupid he has said.

He lives in a bubble completely detached from the lives of the majority of people in this country and as a throw back to an age well gone he isn't fit for office.

Check out his interview on LBC where he thinks Brexit is good for the poor because they can buy cheap shoes and eat hormone injected meat.

He is a disgrace and an embarrassment not only to the Tory party but the country at large.

Defend him all you like, you know your place.

What is my place exactly ? Please tell

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
oh do **** off. he essentially accused the dead of being stupid. i'm happy to call you stupid any day

Really ? This is something the media has whipped you up to thinking

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bloke just said he would not be happy being told to stay in a burning building. The rest is fake outrage to something all of us would probably think

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Rees-Mogg like all of the ERG is a disgusting, nasty piece of work.

It’s so sad that a selfish, ignorant, CJTC of the highest order like that scumbag is able to take up a position of power in this day and age.

I really hoped that after the way they’ve made a total mess of this country and Brexit over the last 9 years that an election would consign the Tories to oblivion but it looks like we’re going to have to endure these nasty ******** for a long time to come. Depressing.

Last edited:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

In a normal building that hasnt been turned into a firework by criminally cost cutting authorities it would be far safer to stay. You are less likely to die of smoke inhalation (which some did die of when trying to get out). But I wouldnt expect a high rise to be full of self entitled Rees Moggs piling down a staircase full of smoke pushing against firefighters trying to get to the fire whilst saying they felt a bit uneasy. That kind of residence is for the plebs with no money.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Even Stormzy calls Rees-Mogg a ****

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stormzy/status/1191727557349130241[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
JRM, a man with the personality of a concentration camp guard saying something insensitive about a disaster is no surprise. He's not that clever if he cannot factor in some compassion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is my place exactly ? Please tell
Being fooled by this man who is beyond contempt.

His mask slips quite often and it's only a few months ago when he compared the doctor concerned about no-deal to Andrew Wakefield.

He has only apologised because there is an election.

There are numerous other examples where he hasn't.

He has retweeted lies from newspapers articles where the original article has had to be retracted and apologised for and simply refused to delete them.

He is a seriously nasty individual who has learnt to hide behind politeness and faux empathy.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Being fooled by this man who is beyond contempt.

His mask slips quite often and it's only a few months ago when he compared the doctor concerned about no-deal to Andrew Wakefield.

He has only apologised because there is an election.

There are numerous other examples where he hasn't.

He has retweeted lies from newspapers articles where the original article has had to be retracted and apologised for and simply refused to delete them.

He is a seriously nasty individual who has learnt to hide behind politeness and faux empathy.

This.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Possibly but not for this for the reasons given. A chance for his opponents to fake moral outrage

Sorry, have you actually heard or read what he said and his almost equally awful attempt at an apology!

Unfortunately the man is a typical modern day politician, **** all clue what living in the real world is about and an opinion on everything they know nothing about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here