Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Programmes

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A mate of mine needs to clear space and is getting rid of his Albion programme collection, mainly home matches from the Withdean and Amex years. Should he just dump them?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A mate of mine needs to clear space and is getting rid of his Albion programme collection, mainly home matches from the Withdean and Amex years. Should he just dump them?

Put them up for auction to raise money for REMF...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Put them up for auction to raise money for REMF...

I suggested something like that but he wants to keep a few special ones, eg first game at Amex, etc so they won’t be complete sets. Also he doesn’t want any hassle or delays getting rid of them

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Regret I think there are a lot of us in this position. I have four large boxes full going back to early 60s. Again, would need to go through them to keep a few gems like Wisbech, Southend, Doncaster, 82/83 cup run etc. Just need the time and inclination. I think the more recent ones (over the past couple of decades) are pretty worthless.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I suggested something like that but he wants to keep a few special ones, eg first game at Amex, etc so they won’t be complete sets. Also he doesn’t want any hassle or delays getting rid of them

Cheers :)

Regret I think there are a lot of us in this position. I have four large boxes full going back to early 60s. Again, would need to go through them to keep a few gems like Wisbech, Southend, Doncaster, 82/83 cup run etc. Just need the time and inclination. I think the more recent ones (over the past couple of decades) are pretty worthless.

Perhaps an event could arrange for something like a program swap type at the Amex in the summer.
I'm sure a few fans would be interested in that.
If it's an official event :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
dejavuatbtn;9128062I think the more recent ones (over the past couple of decades) are pretty worthless.[/QUOTE said:
Apparently you’ve got to go back to the 50s for programmes to be worth much. Since the 60s programmes have been more collectable and every time an Albion fan needs more space/ or sadly passes away there’s another collection up for grabs. As a wild guess I’d estimate 7000 progs are circulated for every home match now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t know if it’s because of the internet and the amount of Albion related things on there, but I seldom give the programme more than a cursory glance these days. I used to read them cover to cover :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here