Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Lewes Bonfire Night

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no trains stopping there or nearby stations. road close from about 4pm i believe and about a 2 mile traffic cordon (im not even joking). if you park up outside the cordon, or get dropped on the A27 roundabouts, you can walk in. take a torch.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
no trains stopping there or nearby stations. road close from about 4pm i believe and about a 2 mile traffic cordon (im not even joking). if you park up outside the cordon, or get dropped on the A27 roundabouts, you can walk in. take a torch.

Star, thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole thing should be banned, it's now just a political demonstration and should be treated accordingly.

I remember remember when the 5th of November was all about reveling in the glory of religious persecution and martyrdom...

....happy dayz.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shuffling along a rain soaked street, staring at the back of someone’s neck, someone kicking your heels, listening to unseen fireworks going off while fat blokes who stink of petrol silently hate you for not being born in Lewes? Nah, you’re alright thanks.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Shuffling along a rain soaked street, staring at the back of someone’s neck, someone kicking your heels, listening to unseen fireworks going off while fat blokes who stink of petrol silently hate you for not being born in Lewes? Nah, you’re alright thanks.

I wonder how many adults living in Lewes these days were actually born or grew up in the town.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As a Lewes resident of 62 years. I think it`s brilliant and that it`s sad that we don`t encourage visitors to what is a special spectacle.

I've been twice - the first time they were still actually rolling burning tar barrels down the road! - and would love to go again, but I don't think I could do it now. Apart from not being allowed to get off at he station, I'm not sure about standing in a packed jostling crowd for three hours or more - without a toilet in sight!
I wonder how many months in advance you need to book an hotel or B&B - if indeed you can?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here