Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If all trains towards Brighton from St Leonard’s Warrior Square were cancelled...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southern claim they are running buses..........

Major signal failure at Eastbourne

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
St. Leonards to Tonbridge, Tonbridge to Redhill, Redhill to Brighton.

Yes, if it still has to be by train and your friend cannot drive, or get a bus, then this route, whilst unwieldy, is the quickest. No need to go to London at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He (I) bloody started in Tunbridge Wells an hour and a half ago.

No sign of any buses.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He (I) bloody started in Tunbridge Wells an hour and a half ago.

No sign of any buses.

If you can phone him, then he should get on a train going towards London, get off at Tonbridge -2 stations down the line - and then as I said. Train to redhill, and then down. It would have been quicker, ideally, to go via Warrior square, but as this is not an option, then as I have suggested. Hope this helps.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m on an ‘Eastbourne’ train from London now.....which they’ve just announced is now going to Brighton instead. Anyone wanting Eastbourne is being told to change at H Heath, get a train to Polegate and then get a bus replacement service from there.........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just to add to the joy there is a broken rail at Gatwick so the Redhill to Brighton leg could be delayed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If he's in Tunbridge Wells trying to get to Brighton WTF has St. Leonard's Warrior Square got to do with it?

I always go Brighton - SLWS - TW when making this journey.

Well, Worthing - Brighton - SLWS - TW actually.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I always go Brighton - SLWS - TW when making this journey.

Well, Worthing - Brighton - SLWS - TW actually.

Yes, as stated, this is the better route, but what I have suggested is then the next best option, though both are not as direct as one would ideally have wanted. Blame beeching -years ago you could have gone to TW via lewes!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As if by magic a train has appeared and is going to Pevensey and West-something-or-other.

Anything East of Brighton has always been a mystery to me, which is a failing at times like this as I have absolutely no idea where anywhere is in relation to other places.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As if by magic a train has appeared and is going to Pevensey and West-something-or-other.

Anything East of Brighton has always been a mystery to me, which is a failing at times like this as I have absolutely no idea where anywhere is in relation to other places.

Shame on you [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], not knowing the jewels in the east of the county you're missing.
They're a mystery to most of the residents that live there permanently.
Anyway I thought you were a West Sussex ambassador to all things in the east :whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You don't need to know until retirement age. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here