Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Co-incidentally I was looking at Bournemouth's accounts (!) earlier today. The £80m they owed at 30/6/19 was split into £30m to be paid in the past 12 months, and £50m due after that (ie, from 1 July 2020 onwards). This figure obviously doesn't include anyone they bought after 30th June last year....having a quick look, I see they managed to spend nearly £45m on Danjuma, Billing and Kelly - and it's likely some of those transfer fees are still to be paid. It's possible that they still owe other clubs around £70m, at the precise moment they are facing almost certain relegation.

Unbelievably, they seem to have spent £15m on Billing, whilst we got Mooy for £5m.

And we have just received 10m from Fulham which helps

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah I remember the big fuzz about him doing laughing gas............................

Sure he was a wild, erratic and inconsistent teenager but that dont really change anything, plenty are. Dunk probably had a beer when he was 20 as well, difference is no one gave a shit. As for Villa running out of money twice... I dont see the relevance. You mean he should have put himself on the market to any club available to bail out their incompetent owners?

But you are right, when they went down four years ago

"Grealish was said to be gutted". Who said that? Is that why he immediatly signed a new five year contract when he could have just gone to Spurs or another good team for coffee money the next summer?

He is a loyal, hard working player and that plenty of people have decided that they dont like him (or Villa for that matter) obviously makes it too painful to admit, yet true nonetheless.

Yes, much of what you say also applies to Wifred Haha. Haha is also a bloody good player, not ecognised by the vast majority of Albion fans for one very obvious reason perhaps, but if he were to leave Palarse, (which he will one day soon), theywill be doooomed. Doooooomed l tell thee. . :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When Villa went down and stunk the PL out, Grealish was a very erratic, inconsistent talent with plenty of attitude issues on and off the pitch. There was no clamour by top 7 clubs to sign him. Villa twice ran out of cash under two different owners in quick succession. Yet not a sniff of big money for Grealish to part solve their cash crises.

At that stage he was in no way an accomplished loyal hero, producing the goods, Villa so very lucky to keep him.

He finally got his arse in gear in the Championship 2017/18, always one for a bargain Levy of Spurs tried to sign him in summer 2018, Villa rebutted the moves as they were desperate to get back to the PL. Grealish was said to be gutted ..... loyalty?

At age 24 this has been his breakthrough season at a high level of football. Still uncapped by England, but little doubt that’s around the corner.

Grealish has a major problem with the way he plays. Given time he can hurt teams but his slowness in doing something with the ball gives time for defenders to stop him, normally resulting in him falling to the ground. The reason for so many fouls, if that's what they are, is due to him. He has not had that much influence in open play this season. Also many of the fouls are nowhere near the area. Last year he was getting joy in and around the danger zones, that's not happened.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Co-incidentally I was looking at Bournemouth's accounts (!) earlier today. The £80m they owed at 30/6/19 was split into £30m to be paid in the past 12 months, and £50m due after that (ie, from 1 July 2020 onwards). This figure obviously doesn't include anyone they bought after 30th June last year....having a quick look, I see they managed to spend nearly £45m on Danjuma, Billing and Kelly - and it's likely some of those transfer fees are still to be paid. It's possible that they still owe other clubs around £70m, at the precise moment they are facing almost certain relegation.

Unbelievably, they seem to have spent £15m on Billing, whilst we got Mooy for £5m.

Blimey, it's going to take a lot of Pluck to get out of that if they go down.. Come on you Spurs, Leicester and whoever else they play from here on in ....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

But in fairness, we've just been absolutely fleeced by Chelsea for Lamptey....

...:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
relegation.png

Current odds........

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Blimey, it's going to take a lot of Pluck to get out of that if they go down.. Come on you Spurs, Leicester and whoever else they play from here on in ....

On this thread in January I picked Norwich, PLB and Villa to go.

I'd still prefer West Ham to also go down, but you can't have it all. Maybe next year.

But yes, Bournemouth cheated to go up, have been lauded as PLB despite spending A FORTUNE on players and wages and are entirely reliant on PL TV income. They are ****ed.

I predict that they will never get back to the top division of English football in my lifetime. Not a bet, just a decent guess. Top half of League 1 is their correct place.

Villa are also up slack alley. Good.

Norwich will be ok as they're like West Brom.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Grealish has a major problem with the way he plays. Given time he can hurt teams but his slowness in doing something with the ball gives time for defenders to stop him, normally resulting in him falling to the ground. The reason for so many fouls, if that's what they are, is due to him. He has not had that much influence in open play this season. Also many of the fouls are nowhere near the area. Last year he was getting joy in and around the danger zones, that's not happened.
Grealish is almost as overrated as Mings used to be.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
On this thread in January I picked Norwich, PLB and Villa to go.

I'd still prefer West Ham to also go down, but you can't have it all. Maybe next year.

But yes, Bournemouth cheated to go up, have been lauded as PLB despite spending A FORTUNE on players and wages and are entirely reliant on PL TV income. They are ****ed.

I predict that they will never get back to the top division of English football in my lifetime. Not a bet, just a decent guess. Top half of League 1 is their correct place.

Villa are also up slack alley. Good.

Norwich will be ok as they're like West Brom.

Most fans would probably say our rightful place is top half of League 1, that’s where we have been for most of our history.

Still, will be very happy to see Bournemouth go down for a number of reasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here