Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Hope it doesn't come back to bite me, but at this early stage I'm going for.

Southampton
Norwich
Watford

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was rooting for Stains, |Geordies and one of the 3 promoted sides before the season started . . .I'll stick with that for now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace
palace
Utd.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Southampton, Norwich and Watford.

If any of those escape, next three at risk above them will be Newcastle, Burnley and Palace.

One of Everton, Man U or Spurs really would be great though [emoji23][emoji23]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At this stage of the season it's impossible to make predictions - any of Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Villa and Newcastle (to name a few of the current strugglers) could still finish above us - and IMHO it's almost certain that one of them will, though which one I've no more idea than you have.
The only certainty is that 18th, 19th, and 20th. will be the three who lose out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
15. Sheff Utd
16. Burnley
17. Newcastle
----------------
R 18. Norwich
R 19. Stains
R 20. Watford

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At this stage of the season it's impossible to make predictions - any of Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Villa and Newcastle (to name a few of the current strugglers) could still finish above us - and IMHO it's almost certain that one of them will, though which one I've no more idea than you have.
The only certainty is that 18th, 19th, and 20th. will be the three who lose out.

You've really gone on a limb as well

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Watford and Southampton to pick up.

Sheff Utd's form will drop off but maybe they'll scrape it.

Newcastle have problems

Can't see Villa or Burnley being seriously sucked in

I don't discount Palace

I'll discount us only after we've navigated the next 4 games. If we pick up 0 or 1 or even 2, the table will look a whole lot less pretty and it will be quite possible to make the case, we've only beaten seriously out of form sides or relative minnows.

I'll pick Norwich, Newcastle with confidence and say one of Palace, Sheff Utd or Southampton to go down with about 38 points

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
You will be told it's way too early for this sort of thing
But who doesn't like predicting the football

Even with managerial changes, I really can't see Norwich or Watford having enough to stay up

Thee other one is a little more tricky
I'll plum for a club that won't change their manager, Burnley

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Who ever stays up this year will need a lot more points than we archived last season , I reckon 40 points should be enough, so let’s hope we keep picking up points even though we have a tough run of fixtures coming up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have a look at the table two seasons ago at this stage. Palace rooted to the bottom with 4 points and pretty sure WBA and Stoke were outside the relegation zones. I am still not discounting us and Sheffield United being in the mix. Newcastle not looking a likely as they were a few games ago either. I would maybe suggest Watford (but they seem to have picked up without actually winning yet) but other than that :shrug:

United, Spurs and Everton no chance, all too good to go down :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here