Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unbeaten Teams At Home

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
When I was a kid it seemed Brighton never lost at home
And this is bared out by stats
From the 74-75 to 78-79 seasons (5 seasons)
We only lost at home 8 times

This season there are only 10 teams still I unbeaten at home
Who will go longest into the season remaining unbeaten?
Here's the 10

Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal
Preston NE
Cardiff City
WBA
Wycombe
Sunderland
Pompey
Port Vale

Liverpool at home to Man City this weekend,it could be that quick
Failing that they will lose their next one :wink:

Leicester have Arsenal this week,if they don't lose that,their next 3 are Everton,Watford and Norwich,which would take them well into December

Arsenal play the Saints,should be OK there,but BHA and Man City up after that,it's only a matter of time

Preston,playing in form Huddersfield then WBA,tricky

Cardiff 14th in the championship, but unbeaten at home,play Brizzle next who are pretty good on the road,if they negotiate that one it's Stoke then Barnsley,so could go long into December also

WBA have Sheff Wed, Bristol City then Swansea,tough games, but you wouldn't put it pass them to remain unbeaten

Wycombe top of div 1,which is always good psychologically, most teams happy with a draw,but with Doncaster,Burton and Coventry arriving, will do well to stay unbeaten

Sunderland,will pride themselves on being unbeaten playing in the biggest stadium in their league,won't be easy though,Coventry next up,another side very good on the road

Pompey,bit of a surprise this one,the lowest placed side in their respective leagues 15th,could all go off with a bang tomorrow night,Sol Campbell's Southend arrive at Fratton,they should survive that one,but Fleetwood then Rotherham visit,will be tough for Pompey to keep that run going

Port Vale,already the only team unbeaten at home in div2 and with Carlisle and Walsall next up,you'd expect them to keep the run going at up until Cheltenham visit

I'll go for Leicester to remain unbeaten at home for the longest this season
Around the 21st March I reckon :thumbsup:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Bit of a contrast to the 41 league games we’ve lost since playing at The Amex (8 and a bit seasons). I was there for all but one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On another note fantastic to see a Boro struggling like f.uck.

Indeed it is. I also greatly enjoyed Woodgate's post-match remarks:

Middlesbrough manager Jonathan Woodgate told BBC Radio Tees:

"People say the league table tells the truth, it's not. It's lying at the minute.

"We have had chances to score goals, we have missed opportunities, we have had referee's decisions not go in our favour."

I think those daft hairbands he used to wear have squeezed his brain.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
#Badfan :whistle:

Are you saying that you've only been to 40 home games of which we lost all of them? :wozza:

:D Can you imagine?

I’ve actually missed one home league game in 10 seasons and that happened to be a loss to Brentford.

I haven’t missed any league wins or draws during that time though :smile:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
we're down to just 6 now

Liverpool and Leicester both away this weekend

WBA play Swansea tomorrow,the Swans are actually unbeaten away,that will be a draw then

Pompey will have a stern test with the visit of the Posh today

Port Vale at home to Walsall,which on paper should be a comfortable win for them
but Walsall have won 3 times on the road and hit a little bit of form

could possibly be down to just 4 come 10 to 5

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here