Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where would you be looking to strengthen in January?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I’d be looking at a pacey lb maybe a hold up striker depending on the length of time webby is out for possibly a cb on loan too

What about you?

There is always opportunities to improve the squad. I'd be happy with any of the following: GK, LB, RB, RM, ST...I was tempted to put in CB or CM but we already have plenty of players in those positions who we cannot fit into the squad

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Allegedly battling Palace to sing Glen Kamara.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Our current full backs have done okay, but certainly room for improvement. None have really put in consistent performances to nail down the position. Another striker option would be useful in the second half of the season.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Priorities pretty much unchanged for me.

1 A right wing back who can shoot. We don't have great options as cover/alternative to Montoya. (with apologies to fans of the Greyhound)
2 Another striker, you always need another striker. We can muddle through playing one up front if we start picking up injuries, why muddle through though? Sign someone for next season and get them bedded in, if we can find the right player.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
LB, RB, a ball winning attacking midfielder who can shoot and a CF

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Pecs, then abs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A warmer coat and waterproof boots for walking the dog for me

oh, and a new Bruno, nothing else really.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The below is the way I see it

Keeper = We’ve got a bit of a liability on an injury to Ryan (as Button is nowhere near as good with his feet). A loan recall for Sanchez or Walton is possible if Potter thinks they can play his way. (if not bye bye)

Right Back = The game time for Schelloto is intriguing, but I’m still not convinced it will last. I think we’ll go large for a RB as “competition” for Montoya

Left Back = Burn not a natural there but has filled in brilliantly. Bernardo will surely be fit by then and compete for that place. I’m not ruling out Cochrane getting (more)senior game time this season.

Centre Back = I don’t think we’ll sell, so we’re quite well covered. My sense is that we would prefer to not to recall White if we don’t have to, only long term injuries for Bernardo and Webster would make it likely. Even then we might rely on Baluta or a recall of one of our other small army of centre backs if we needed to.

Centre Mid = We’re surely well enough stocked here.

Wingers (if you can call them that in our current formation) = I can’t see us signing a winger for the senior squad. I reckon we’ll pull out the stops to get MacAllister in, in the summer. If we can’t, we may look to buy, but we have plenty of young talent in this position either on loan or with the u23s

Striker = There’s an argument for getting a target man in. There’s a better argument, in my view, for getting in more pace (it seems to be working currently) to complement our existing duo from the bench. I’m quietly hopeful Percy will have fulfilled the criteria in Jan and we’ll get him in with an improved contract.

I think we will lose several peripheral players in Jan. Ali J, Bissouma, Balogun even Solly are all possible departures. In addition, I expect some of the young players we have out on loan to be sold permanently.

Summary

Loads of comings and goings with some surprising goings
I think we’ll sign a senior keeper and right back
I think we’ll sign a load more 17 year olds
I think we’ll make moves to get our work permit players in. Percy in Jan, Alexis in the summer

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think we know from last year the club don't see great value from the January window.

Players out on loan could be recalled if we start to looked stretched. Pick up 6 points or so from our next 7 games and I don't think we'll see much movement to be honest.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left-sided (of the central two) midfielder, when becomes available, not thinking of January 2020 in particular
Speed merchant winger, if Izzy does not recover

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nowhere.

Stick with the squad we have, warts n' all.

Get Ben White back. Give him some Premier League game time.

Blood any other top youngsters that we have.

Couldn't agree more. We'll stay up with ease. Let's review the squad next summer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Full backs for me are the obvious spots. Specifically right back, although I am a fan of Montoya.

The rest can wait until the summer, unless an absolute bargain becomes available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here