Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst Park "improvements"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Gone very quiet, wonder what's holding it up ?

(The delay, not the couple of breeze blocks and discarded fridge freezer under the current stand )

Discovery of a Roman ruin ?

The highly anticipated partnership with Pound Lane to build the club shop ?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Great Crested Newts have been discovered, nope, hang on, it's just the SEGW rolling around on the turf.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Parish was interviewed on R5 this afternoon, before their game, talking about plans for a new academy.
Stadium expansion on the back burner perhaps?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
8555F2FB-E739-4757-98A3-F50C3AC8A8FB.jpeg
Waiting for the builders to turn up

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hold up on transport improvements around the ground due to increased capacity, so now unlikely to start work until summer 2020 at the earliest.

Maybe just holding back due to fears of relegation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hold up on transport improvements around the ground due to increased capacity, so now unlikely to start work until summer 2020 at the earliest.

Maybe just holding back due to fears of relegation.
I think it's more to do with the fact that Sainsbury's are holding out for more money for a slice of land than Palace are wanting to pay.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Suspect it’s linked to a third runway at Heathrow decision that would fly in global Palace fans. Can’t decide on the new capacity until then, 100,000 or 200,000.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Increased costs to remove paper from the pitch have eaten into the ringfenced money. Rechroming the drum cost a few quid as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think it's more to do with the fact that Sainsbury's are holding out for more money for a slice of land than Palace are wanting to pay.

Does that mean Palace STH can gain the equivalent to Albion loyalty points with using their special Nectar cards???

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Parish was interviewed on R5 this afternoon, before their game, talking about plans for a new academy.
Stadium expansion on the back burner perhaps?

Sounds like it.

The Americans wanting out must have withdrawn the ringfenced funds. No guarantee the new investors will do likewise so fund it from player sales. Another couple of AWBs should do it. Oh and the aging squad does not bode well.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Waiting for a skip

Stick a roof on it, and you've immediately got an improvement on what they have already.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could they not pick it up and move it as MK Dons did to Wimbledon.? Orkney Isles would seem a good place to relocate to. Or Calais would be an upgrade in surroundings.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Seeing as their academy/youth players train at the 5-a-side centre down the road from the first team training ground he must mean just an academy full stop. Can't have a new one if they don't have an old one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here