Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 30539?!

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
Pretendance. I wish this madness would stop. Empty seats everywhere shows that the stadium isn't full so why advertise it as such?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal started it to service Wenger’s fragile ego that 60,000 are always there.

Seats sold really.

Palarse are shirley the worst offenders. Always gaps in that rust heap of shite, yet 20,000+ quoted. Even Parish must feel embarrassed at the PA announcement to the chavs. Jealous of better support such as at Brighton I guess.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Its pathetic. But who actually cares? Clearly got to be a sad *******. 30,000 paid for tickets. Thats what we know and we won. So open a can and cheers to the three points.

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
Not about palace though. It's about the fake attendances. It's all a bit tinpot imo.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Lots of empty seats in lower East. So it was raining a bit. Didn't you work out you could get wet sitting there but that you can wet weather gear? Lightweights!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
School holidays effect in the ES?

Force 9 gusting Violent Storm 11 with heavy rain affecting bike and train travel to the game, for me. First on-going match missed because of the weather at the Amex.

Hindsight; we should have arranged a taxi.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The game was sold out (technically). So why didn’t more in the ESL put their tickets up on the exchange? I’ve sold mine 2 matches in a row due to work commitments. You get the full value back. -£1. crazy that so many don’t show up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The game was sold out (technically). So why didn’t more in the ESL put their tickets up on the exchange? I’ve sold mine 2 matches in a row due to work commitments. You get the full value back. -£1. crazy that so many don’t show up.

You can pretty much guarantee that there'll be empty seats in the east lower these days - particularly north stand end. More so yesterday than usual. I don't get why that is - you don't see it with other clubs that a sizeable number of family stand s.t. holders cba to turn up or give their tickets away?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why is it tinpot when every club reports attendance as tickets sold ?

This.....every club does it
Weather was truly awful - even driving from Burgess Hill to Lewes was grim. Never seen as much water on the road there.
ESL STHs would have known they’d get a soaking
Trains were all over the place with cancellations
School holidays this week
No surprise a fair % didn’t show up. There were seats available right up to KO on the exchange. Suspect a lot yesterday made a last minute decision not to go, and equally very few would have made a late decision to go with the weather as it was.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You’ve just got to laugh at Palarse though, haven’t you? Can hardly believe the PL allow that dump of a ‘stadium’ to be permissible. All the empty seats make it look even worse.

Tinpot club.

Appreciate its Palace but have never noticed that many empty seats on show at Selhurst, and nothing compared to the gaping gaps at the Amex.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Appreciate its Palace but have never noticed that many empty seats on show at Selhurst, and nothing compared to the gaping gaps at the Amex.

Yeah, I thought that. Just seemed a cheap (inaccurare) shot to me. (Since they've been in the Prem at least - different story in the Championship)

Any chance of moving the cameras to the east stand?! All our other stands bar east lower are always packed - even yesterday there werent noticable gaps anywhere else. Just watched motd and the ground looks half empty as the cameras point towards the east lower.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
‘Seats sold’. Simple.

This. If it were possible for one person to buy every one of the 30,500+ seats and then go by themselves (thus being the only person in the ground), the attendance would still be classified as 30,500. Maybe in the programme the following game they could print the number of tickets sold, and the number who actually attended on the day. That would appease the people who worry about such things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here