Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard - should be starting or impact sub?

Trossard - starter or super sub?

• Must start

Votes: 71 93.4%
  • Impact sub

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As per title. For me Trossard should be the first name on the team sheet. He provided the class and calmness today that turned a very good performance in to goals. However, he has been really effective in the last two games in doing that off the bench and you have to say it's worked for GPott and the boys with six points from two home games.

So, should he be starting, or is he best used off the bench when the opposition defence is tired and open?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will be a nailed on starter once he is up to speed, Gross will be the super sub as Alzate is a better fit for the way we play, Mooy is going to find himself a squad player until injuries/suspension give him a chance. Nice problem for Potter. Getting back into the team once out could be a long haul for our midfielders

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd like to see him start at OT next week - United are fragile and if he can get at them right from the start, he has the quality to cause them serious problems.

When he's fully fit, he has to be a nailed-on starter IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Undroppable he's a class above everybody else in the squad, which takes some doing as he's in Brighton's greatest ever squad.

The only problem is, at the moment he can't get in.

Wow - just wow.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He's clearly a starter, without a shadow of a doubt. Only reason he isn't now is because he's returning from injury

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There’s dunk, there’s trossard and there’s the rest.
And that’s not disrespecting the rest it’s just those two are the jewels.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Potter has a decision to make. You feel Trossard has to start, but does that mean MOM Alzate partners Propper in CM and Stephens is dropped?!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Must be a starter, as that's why Albion bought him.
If he change things in 15 mins?
Why not the whole game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potter has a decision to make. You feel Trossard has to start, but does that mean MOM Alzate partners Propper in CM and Stephens is dropped?!

Or does Groß drop?

Our bench today was as strong as I can ever remember it. I obviosuly said in my OP that I think Trossard should be the first player selected but then you'd have to drop someone else in form.

The only player who had a bit of a mare today was Maupay and he was still a menace and still in position to miss the chances that came his way.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As with all the other threads, because the weathers shit and we're bored indoors . . . . . Squad rotation and a jouyous problem/predeliction.

Trossard is still acclimatising, he's no Gross replacement, and Gross is a better PL player now than 2 years ago.

Trossard will get stronger and wiser as the season goes on. He's still, wisely, being eased back in to the team. . . .next step maybe give him an hour.

It's all good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Silly question.

You said it yourself, first name on the team sheet. He's just being eased back in after the injury.

And......end of thread.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We’re not going to give him for long. At some point one of the really big clubs is going to prise him away from us for a fee that’ll repay Bloom for over half The Amex.

Let’s squeeze every single moment of brilliance out of him whilst we can. We were robbed of watching Vicente start every week, let’s not pass up our second chance. Soak it up lads, he’s f*cking special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here