Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That second half though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just liquid football. Got better and better and better. Could’ve easily been 3 or 4 given the chances for Alzate, Maupay, Connolly etc.

Loved it. Everyone was great but the midfield trio of Pröpper, Alzate and Trossard stepped up a notch. If the game had gone on another 5-10 we would’ve seen more goals.

We’re 8th, and it’s the MINIMUM we deserve right now. Drink it in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said already:-

Propper's second half performance was the stuff of legends.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fantastic stuff. We oozed quality in that second half. As we have done so often thks season.
And it's so, so refreshing to see us keep attacking when we go a goal up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm enjoying our football SOOOO much right now. The only frustration is that we should be scoring a lot more goals in pretty much every game. I think Maupay could and should have had a hat trick today with more composure. However, as the OP said, it cranked right up a notch in the second half, and particularly when Trossard came on. Despite them hitting the bar in the first half four or five nil wouldn't have been undeserved. But to get that the finishing simply HAS to get better,

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just liquid football. Got better and better and better. Could’ve easily been 3 or 4 given the chances for Alzate, Maupay, Connolly etc.

Loved it. Everyone was great but the midfield trio of Pröpper, Alzate and Trossard stepped up a notch. If the game had gone on another 5-10 we would’ve seen more goals.

Glad you saw the win. Hope it helped diminish the cold symptoms :clap:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

This :thumbsup:
Norwich is always good for target practice.
When Trossard came on, he exuded class, which as per above inspires others to step up.
Fantastic footy in Sussex :D

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The change in formation to 433 when trossard came on made all the difference

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Some of the one touch football was sublime. There was a move with 5 or 6 players involved that would have been goal of the season if we'd finished it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of the one touch football was sublime. There was a move with 5 or 6 players involved that would have been goal of the season if we'd finished it.
I take it you mean the one played in front of the East stand, ending at Connolly's feet.

Norwich couldn't get within 5 yards of the ball.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
On the way out, couldn't help but smile at the Norwich fans singing "5-0, We didn't lose 5-0, We didn't lose 5-0"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yet on another day Norwich bury the free kick Stephens conceded on the edge of our area and it finishes 1-1.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

You mean 'That added time at the end of the first half though' (AS WELL). Could have scored four goals.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think supporters and pundits are no longer thinking of Brighton being a cannon fodder side, guaranteed 3 points if you need them.
After 2 seasons of just trying to stay above the bottom 3, the club is now well and truly established as a Premier league club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here