West west west Sussex
A la last week's penalty thread.

WTF was that all about?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Maupay missed the ball and connected with the player standing on the line’s shin (said player got the ball a fraction of a second before Maupay). Was never a red but looked worse in slow motion.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Unfortunately in the stadium we didn't have a clue what was going on, well done VAR.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maupay missed the ball and connected with the player standing on the line’s shin (said player got the ball a fraction of a second before Maupay). Was never a red but looked worse in slow motion.
Hmmmm. Verrry close to red say most pundits . Got the luck again today

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ridiculous that it's not stated what it's for on the screens. Was impossible to see from where we were in the north with all the chaos going on in the box, so was complete confusion as to which team they were reviewing the decision for, let alone player!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There were 2 angles of this. 1 was inconclusive, the other made it look dirty. On the replays I was watching at the time they only showed the first inconclusive angle. After the decision was made, the 2nd was shown which made it look far worse.

Another day its a red card.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It looked a nasty foul by Maupay. I don't think we could have complained if it was a red.
If it had been a challenge by an opposition player on one of our lads we would have been all over it tonight.
It's a bit of good fortune we needed after the two previous unnecessary red cards we conceded this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking at Friend I got the impression that he was hoping for a sending off. Really don’t like him reffing our games as I always feel that he is favouring the opposition. Could just be me I accept.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Naylor thought it was on Godfrey, Norwich fans cheered as though it was a Norwich player involved.

Ludicrous that we have no idea which player/team are involved in the stadium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Looked quite amusing on the replays in the concourse. Player went to ground clutching his ankle. Then leapt to his feet to confront Maupay. Then went to ground again for a bit more rolling around :lol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looking at Friend I got the impression that he was hoping for a sending off. Really don’t like him reffing our games as I always feel that he is favouring the opposition. Could just be me I accept.
I felt the same today. He was far more likely to favour Norwich.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the radio they said it was for a possible handball on the goal line by a Norwich player but nobody in the ground knew what was happening and what the VAR was for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They all said on BT sport was a definite red - not seen the replay

Anither day, another absolute SHAMBLES for VAR. Fans in the stadium utterly clueless as to why (my son asked me to check what it was for at half time) and it seems that the on field referee, the VAR referee and experienced pundits cannnot agree on the correct decision after all that.

Time to bin it off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me it was a yellow. Lad in the bar afterwards watching the highlights thought VAR was checking a handball, he was watching slo mo and still didn't have a clue what VAR was checking. Another week, another mess.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me it was a yellow. Lad in the bar afterwards watching the highlights thought VAR was checking a handball, he was watching slo mo and still didn't have a clue what VAR was checking. Another week, another mess.

Except the VAR review was for a red card?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor thought it was on Godfrey, Norwich fans cheered as though it was a Norwich player involved.

Ludicrous that we have no idea which player/team are involved in the stadium.
I got the impression the Norwich fans didn't know what was going on either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here