Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sparky advice required

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes I am the numpty that was putting a pic up and hit a wire with the bradawl whilst making the screw pilot hole. The trip went but having put it back on all seems fine.

Is it likely that all is fine now or could there still be a lurking danger from a potential nicked wire?

Thanks for any advice

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Steer clear of him. He was a tosser at United, a tosser at Chelsea, a tosser at Saints, and a tosser at Blackburn. That’s my advice.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
From your description it's probably fine, well not fine but those of us with an old fashioned attitude to risk might decide to pretend it was.
Probably best to:
Gently chip away more plaster (with power off) so you can inspect the damage. Post a pic and more advice will follow no doubt

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I take it it's a stud wall? I would have it checked out just for peace of mind
1/ I'd do it myself, as I'm fairly competent
2/ I'd love to be able to make a hole in the wall with a bradawl, rather than an sds bit or kango
3/ Thinking of it, I would definitely investigate further. Why hasn't the wire been put in conduit, to stop these types of incidents?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I take it it's a stud wall? I would have it checked out just for peace of mind
1/ I'd do it myself, as I'm fairly competent
2/ I'd love to be able to make a hole in the wall with a bradawl, rather than an sds bit or kango
3/ Thinking of it, I would definitely investigate further. Why hasn't the wire been put in conduit, to stop these types of incidents?

House is 20 years old so fairly modern construction with normal plasterboard internal walls. Not sure if a conduit should have been used or not in that case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here