Date: Saturday 2nd November 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Simon Beck
Fourth official: Charles Breakspear
VAR: Timothy Robinson
Assistant VAR: Andrew Garratt

TEAM NEWS

Summer signing Leandro Trossard is in contention to start for Brighton after impressing as a substitute last weekend on his return from a groin problem.

Shane Duffy is fit, and Aaron Mooy is available after a one-match ban.

Norwich full-back Jamal Lewis has recovered from illness, while Tim Krul and Ralf Fahrmann are both fit again.

Ibrahim Amadou and Todd Cantwell are injury doubts, and winger Onel Hernandez could miss out as he awaits the birth of his child.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

John Roder: Brighton will inevitably start as favourites to win this game, given Norwich's poor away form so far this season.

Norwich have managed a solitary point and goal in their five games away from Carrow Road, while Brighton have scored six times in their past two home matches.

There's no doubt this is a huge fixture for both sides. Brighton want to continue the momentum to keep them away from the bottom three, while Norwich desperately need points to do likewise.

It would help the Canaries if talisman Teemu Pukki is able to rediscover his goalscoring touch.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Graham Potter: "Last weekend showed we could find a solution when it got tough.

"It was a dramatic game, we had a bit of luck but a lot of belief - the third was a really good goal and I'm delighted for the players, they're enjoying their football."

Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke: "It's never easy to go through a tough period. Footballers are sensitive and can struggle with self confidence, but we have many reasons for struggling.

"We know we'll be in a much better position when our defensive options are fully fit.

"We're not just waiting for players to come back to attack the league. It's even more important to gain a few points now, so we're still greedy and highly motivated."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's only victory in the past nine meetings was by 5-0 in the most recent encounter on the south coast, three years ago (D1, L7). Glenn Murray scored a hat-trick in that Championship fixture.
    [*=left]Norwich had won their previous four away games in this fixture.
    [*=left]This will be the first top-flight meeting between the sides since May 1983, when Norwich won 2-1 at Carrow Road.

Albion

• [*=left]The Seagulls have earned back-to-back league victories at the Amex Stadium, as many as they had in their previous 15 attempts. They have only once won three Premier League home games in a row - 18 months ago.
    [*=left]Brighton could score three goals or more in three successive home league games for the first time since March 2011, when they were in League One.
    [*=left]Albion have lost 15 Premier League matches in 2019, more than any other team.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has scored in three consecutive Premier League home fixtures. The only Brighton player to do so in four is Glenn Murray last December.

Norwich

• [*=left]The goalless draw against Bournemouth in Norwich's most recent away game ended a run of four straight defeats on the road from the beginning of the season.
    [*=left]Their solitary away goal this season is Teemu Pukki's consolation strike against Liverpool on the opening weekend.
    [*=left]Pukki has gone five league appearances without a goal. It's two years since he had a longer barren streak, which spanned 10 league games for Brondby.
    [*=left]The Canaries have conceded two goals or more in seven of their past eight league fixtures.
    [*=left]The 15 league goals they have conceded in the first half is the most in the division.
    [*=left]Norwich are yet to earn a point this season after falling behind in a game, and they have lost 21 of the past 22 Premier League fixtures in which they conceded first.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I have a feeling that someone is gonna get battered today and I just hope it’s not us. 5 nil to us and a master class of potterball is what I’m saying. Trossard to start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited, bad fan not going........

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Norwich are very poor at the back, especially with injuries. Really hope we can take advantage of that today. They'll make it tough for us though - it seems they've abandoned their attack minded set up so they'll pack the defence and try to play on the counter today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The words Kevin Friend to me are synonymous with Dodgy Ref.

Has favoured the big team massively is my recollection of matches he’s reffed us in recently. Maybe he’ll just ref today without the need to help either team seeing as there isn”t a big team playing.

Not a fan, that Liverpool game, nearly a year ago, still sticks in the craw.

Last here for the Andone sending off, which he did get right in fairness

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Has favoured the big team massively is my recollection of matches he’s reffed us in recently. Maybe he’ll just ref today without the need to help either team seeing as there isn”t a big team playing.

Agree with that. He really isn't very good at the job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] set an alarm on match day mornings, put up the thread then go back to sleep?
I believe he even has rambunctious NSC naughtiness penalties shortened so he's available on a Saturday morning.

Top work fella.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder whether we can persuade Norwich to try and press us today and let us play round them.

Because when Everton refused to take the invitation to press at all last week, it did give us some problems trying to open them up.

If Norwich try and press, we will slaughter them, whatever the weather :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a feeling that someone is gonna get battered today and I just hope it’s not us. 5 nil to us and a master class of potterball is what I’m saying. Trossard to start.
This. We will win by three I reckon, especially if Trossard starts. Talking of bold (silly) predictions, I'm calling it now: Trossard will go down eventually as one of the all time greatest Albion players unless we sell him to a big club. He is just absolute class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder whether we can persuade Norwich to try and press us today and let us play round them.

Because when Everton refused to take the invitation to press at all last week, it did give us some problems trying to open them up.

If Norwich try and press, we will slaughter them, whatever the weather :thumbsup:

We’ll be pressing them imo and they are very quick on the break. I’d like to think we’ll stuff them but....

I can see another high scoring game, last minute winner again would be perfect.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
11 v 11 and we'll prevail

11 v 12 and it could be different. The Southampton game was poorly reffed, despite the correct red card decision for Andone.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

Posssibly the most angry I've ever been at a ref! Propper gets his shirt pulled.....nothing, Salah gets his brushed - free kick Liverpool, it really was the most disgusting, biased big team refereeing I have ever witnessed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
11 v 11 and we'll prevail

11 v 12 and it could be different. The Southampton game was poorly reffed, despite the correct red card decision for Andone.

More telling was the Palace game. Never a penalty for us and Wilfy should have been sent off 3 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here