Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] No Fridat Drinking Thread?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I know there is all sorts of nonsense going on out there at the moment but let's keep a sense of proportion. This is a Friday Night!

Personally started with a bottle of Elgoods Black Dog while I try and figure out the English my foreign MSc students are using in their Assignments...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Three Jaipurs and a couple of glasses of a disgusting Aussie Merlot ........

Just checked and it did say..’ Not to be taken internally’... on the bottle.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just had a couple of bottles of Modela in La Salsa Viva Cantina... Now off to the New Amsterdam... Hoping for something better than Harveys!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Got a little moist whilst taking the dog to see the wind farm on the beach, and chase a few juicy balls. The old star backoned me for a very swift Aurora ( barely touched the sidesmtruth he told.

Tin of punk IPA cooking bangers n mash, logs chopped, fire ripping, another tin, and just over half a bottle of average bardolino to polish off. . . . Could be an early night unless I find something else!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is the evening before a world cup final England might win, and a football match BHA will win (yeah I know, but we will). If you’re not on the lash tonight, the only excuse us because you’re in the boozer early doors for the rugby KO tomorrow (or you don’t drink, in which case fair play, obviously)

Bottle of Malbec for starters, no idea what’s next. Tomorrow is going to be EPIC. Can’t ****ing wait.....this is better than Christmas Eve.

Mrs D just asked what we’re doing tomorrow.

Hahahahahahaha. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not a bad response by 8PM, presumably the hard core haven't got time as yet to reply.

Have found a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar in the garage from who knows when, clearly can't recycle them with their contents still inside so...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nice red Hécula, Spanish lesser known using Monastrell grapes, from south east Spain, and marvellous it is too.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Got given a three pack of beers as a thank you from an employee of a small brewery in Leicestershire. About to start on one but feel I may end up with a glass of Rioja instead.

I did 2 months 'dry' and am now going to have a couple. Dry again in January I think.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Misspelling Friday in these threads is so gay.

say.jpeg

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just been to great talk about the sun, by Lucie Green. So having 'arise' by Burning sky in the Albert. Very nice too!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
To be clear, I didn't mean it personally.

Clearly you are a fellow motorcycle chap so no offence taken.

Old Pecs have now gone and suppose I can't get too hammered as I'm on Poppy Appeal duty tomorrow.

Seeing as we having Steak tomorrow evening it wouldn't harm to open a bottle of red to let it breathe a bit?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm sticking with builder's tea tonight.

Saving myself for tomorrow with bottles of Shepherd Neame 1698, Old Crafty Hen and Greene King Special Abbot Reserve. All 6.5% ales.

Can't wait for the rugby and a delayed Fridat Night imbibe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just been to great talk about the sun, by Lucie Green. So having 'arise' by Burning sky in the Albert. Very nice too!
Is The Sun about to admit to phone hacking and bribing coppers at long last?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here