Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rugby win or remain in EU?

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Following up to the Brighton victory tomorrow or win the Rugby WC thread, where does NSC stand on a straight choice of the UK remaining in the UK or winning the rugby? I know we
shouldn’t mix politics and sport etc. but given the depth of debate on Brexit, and the surprise to many on here that some Albion ‘fans’ would have Albion to lose as a preference, what is your choice? Win the rugby, or remain in the EU?
I vote remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Following up to the Brighton victory tomorrow or win the Rugby WC thread, where does NSC stand on a straight choice of the UK remaining in the UK or winning the rugby? I know we
shouldn’t mix politics and sport etc. but given the depth of debate on Brexit, and the surprise to many on here that some Albion ‘fans’ would have Albion to lose as a preference, what is your choice? Win the rugby, or remain in the EU?
I vote remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the UK will remain in the UK.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can’t we do both ?

See how you like it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couldn't care less about the rugby - but if making a few rugger buggers happy is the price to pay for leaving the EU - I'm in!

(.........and before the usual suspects come steaming in with their stereotyping and prejudice, that is my opinion - and that is a fact)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Remain. Obviously. :shrug:

Sadly we may end up with neither.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Is there no end to this sort of thread?

A years supply of cheese or the rugby world cup? Stay in the EU or strike gold in your garden? Albion win the league or a bank error in your favour?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Couldn't care less about the rugby - but if making a few rugger buggers happy is the price to pay for leaving the EU - I'm in!

(.........and before the usual suspects come steaming in with their stereotyping and prejudice, that is my opinion - and that is a fact)

No stereotyping and prejudice from me but you seem to have dished out a bit of both there.

(Agree with you about the rugby though.)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No stereotyping and prejudice from me but you seem to have dished out a bit of both there.

(Agree with you about the rugby though.)

Really? (Seriously)

I've never called people who disagree with me thick, racist, etc. - please find examples if you can. I can be a bit sharp or acerbic sometimes, but not abusive - as routinely dished out from some quarters (no names, no pack-drill!).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really? (Seriously)

I've never called people who disagree with me thick, racist, etc. - please find examples if you can. I can be a bit sharp or acerbic sometimes, but not abusive - as routinely dished out from some quarters (no names, no pack-drill!).

Your stereotyping was the implication that people who disagree with you indulge in stereotyping. I bet most don't, just as you don't. You and me have had the odd disagreement but I don't think abuse has ever featured in either direction.

Having said that, I really think that a larger proportion of Leavers on the Brexit thread indulge in abuse than their opposite numbers. Claims of racism, whilst usually misplaced, are rare. Best wishes, "Hypocritical Liar"

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Really? (Seriously)

You’ve been much better since your chums were banned. Have you been on a Bloom Awareness seminar?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Your stereotyping was the implication that people who disagree with you indulge in stereotyping. I bet most don't, just as you don't. You and me have had the odd disagreement but I don't think abuse has ever featured in either direction.

Having said that, I really think that a larger proportion of Leavers on the Brexit thread indulge in abuse than their opposite numbers. Claims of racism, whilst usually misplaced, are rare. Best wishes, "Hypocritical Liar"
Keeping it civil :thumbsup: (which I'm pretty sure you do too) - "a larger proportion of Leavers on the Brexit thread indulge in abuse than their opposite numbers"......really? To quote John McEnroe, 'You can not be serious'! "Thick, old and racist" was on the Brexit thread day after day - less so now, because most of us now avoid wandering into that toxic space much these days, having discovered it contains very little debate and a lot of vituperative abuse. Swivel-eyed loons and unicorns, my ar$e!

You do accept, of course, that PPF is as relevant to most leavers as the BNP? His posts are a bit of a joke really - maybe just cancelling out your bloke who believes that leavers are swivel-eyed loons who believe in unicorns (probably a deflection technique on his part!).

Oh well, on to tomorrow - s*d the rugby, up the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here