Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any classic car fans on here?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looks very familiar.

three of us rode from Brighton to Wales and met a few other ex Brightonians one now near Glastonbury and the other, for some bizzare reason now lives way up in Hartlepool!

This was his tent at the Isle of Wight run on the first night, he could not find his tent.....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1497825418729.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497825418729.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 88

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Five years ago I owned a 1962 Humber Super Snipe, (my Dad drove one and I'd always wanted my own) and I see that there were two at this auction. It was a complete nightmare, with rot throughout the body along with the usual mechanicals from a 40 year old car made of inferior steel. Worse, the handling and braking with a big straight six up front were literally terrifying - designed in the 1950's it was, of course, way way behind my XJ6 Jaguar which I drive to-day. . Eventually the costs far exceeded those any sane man would contemplate and as I didn't like driving the thing anyway I sold it on. Never, ever again!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:love:

Madness, surely!
I read the link and was interested to see the Sunbeam Tiger mentioned.I had a girlfriend, back in the 1970's who had one that was slightly tatty but basically sound.
Funnily enough, I saw the car in the pub car park and asked around who the owner was, as I wanted a chat. Hey-ho, it was a rather attractive young lady.
A real case of being attracted to the car before the girl!:love:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Modern cars bore the fukk out of me.

I wish someone would build some of those cars again. With modern tech, they would be immense. Lancia Beta, that convertible Peugeot etc are great. Imagine the look of 80s 911 with today's build quality.
I picked up a convertible Peugeot last week. 20 years old. Loving it,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here