[Misc] Any classic car fans on here?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I spent a day faffing with these last week. . . LC-DB5.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would love another classic car and would just love a 1953 Studebaker or an El Camino 1969

I did have this bright red morris minor pick up split windscreen (me with steel toecap cheery boots!) for a few years, when i lived in Southgate.
I had to sell it in the end, after it got vandalised several times, they even cut the break cables, by mistake to be honest when they were siphoning the petrol !! horrible some people. I miss driving round in that, but then again I miss my hair aswell....

shame this is the only photo of it I have left.

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 82

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would love another classic car and would just love a 1953 Studebaker or an El Camino 1969

I did have this bright red morris minor pick up split windscreen (me with steel toecap cheery boots!) for a few years, when i lived in Southgate.
I had to sell it in the end, after it got vandalised several times, they even cut the break cables, by mistake to be honest when they were siphoning the petrol !! horrible some people. I miss driving round in that, but then again I miss my hair aswell....

All that's missing is the banjo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just discovered Car SOS and am amazed at the neglected unfinished project junk they can turn around.

#TeamWheelerDealers

But crucially

#TeamEd.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Nice, there used to be a few vans about too, Eddy had one for ferrying broken scooters about . . . . down bear Rd, ignition off, then on 100m later 'BANG' there was a mini pick up around too in the late 80's which just about fitted a lambretta in the back. I had a van in '92FYK164V mini van.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
#TeamWheelerDealers

But crucially

#TeamEd.

Mostly Bodge jobs I reckon, the MOT history on cars they have spivved up and sold on (totally ignoring the man hours involved in the resto) is generally poor within a year or so. I am sad enough to check this when I watch the programmes, which I do enjoy. Or should I say I enjoy watching Edd and get pretty irritated by Mike Brewer.

You’d think they’d be really good buys but in fact nearly all of them have pretty serious fails on the MOTs just a year or so later

I think Edd seems a good mechanic but they only seem to do jobs that make the car look better and have no big problems when driven rather than actually sorting the upcoming problems “whilst they are in there” Talk of spoof buyers abounds too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nice, there used to be a few vans about too, Eddy had one for ferrying broken scooters about . . . . down bear Rd, ignition off, then on 100m later 'BANG' there was a mini pick up around too in the late 80's which just about fitted a lambretta in the back. I had a van in '92View attachment 117062

Ha, I don't miss pumping the brakes, had a few scary moments on the North Circular....

I could fit my Vespa in the back of the moggie, I have been toying with the idea of another classic or another scooter, but a few years off from the scooter, i am wondering if it is a good idea, as the roads are so much crazier and I am risk adverse now a days, as opposed to when I was a scooter boy whizzing around like a dickhead...

Classic car I think in a few years.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I am risk adverse now a days, as opposed to when I was a scooter boy whizzing around like a dickhead... .

Thats still possible . . on the right roads, we went 300 miles to West Wales in August . . . .just to meet a load of other scooter boys and get pissed. proper weekend.. A properly restored scooter, or car for that matter is a much better proposition than the turds we had in the 80's!

arrived.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've had a few,

1973 MGB GT (chrome bumper)
1968 Marcos 1650 Cosworth GT
1992 TVR Griffith 4.0l pre cat

also these if they count

Mini 1275 GT
Mini 1300 Special
MG Metro Turbo

all have a story, all are fondly remembered, all were a ****ing liability, all cost my a fortune and/or a relationship

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They never mention the costs. It's just a gift show for people who have had serious health issues and cannot complete the project. It's the Surprise Surprise show for the petrol head.

Ah yes, I'm thinking of something different, I don't watch any of them!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thats still possible . . on the right roads, we went 300 miles to West Wales in August . . . .just to meet a load of other scooter boys and get pissed. proper weekend.. A properly restored scooter, or car for that matter is a much better proposition than the turds we had in the 80's!

View attachment 117064

Ah yes, my good friend from The Sunday Sport Scooter club is a well known figure at rallies, you must surely know the guy on the left...
Bigun....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1499963196928.jpg
    FB_IMG_1499963196928.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 53

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Looks very familiar.

three of us rode from Brighton to Wales and met a few other ex Brightonians one now near Glastonbury and the other, for some bizzare reason now lives way up in Hartlepool!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here