Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Preston Park Firework Display Postponed Until Friday 8th November

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On account of the weather. That is all.

You have been charged £1.50 plus your standard network charge for this information

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
When we were kids on Shoreham beach there were upward of ten bonfires built with pride by loads of patchloyal kids . . . .all lit on 5th. Pissy little boxes of fireworks were launched at the sea at all sorts of angles whatever the weather.

Now . . . .nothing.

I'm not aware anyone ever got hurt . . .you could probably get confirmation from 'fingerless blind Pete'. In the lady Jane pub.*

* I made that bit up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly fail to see what the big deal is with fireworks. The last thing I'd want to do is leave the warmth of my living room or pub to go yomping around in the cold, wet and dark with a bunch of excitable rosy-cheeked cackgammons, just to get a crick in my neck looking at a few things going 'pop' in the night sky. And don't even get me STARTED on Lewes - you have to be some kind of certified weirdo to voluntarily go through the horrific logistical trauma just to bother with that bunch of old fanny. As far as Preston Park being binned off - the weather has just done everyone a massive favour.

I am a miserable b@stard, mind.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We are due to go up to Newick for their Bonfire parade tomorrow after the game - hope its still on as its the first one weve been able to get to for about 5 years!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I honestly fail to see what the big deal is with fireworks. The last thing I'd want to do is leave the warmth of my living room or pub to go yomping around in the cold, wet and dark with a bunch of excitable rosy-cheeked cackgammons, just to get a crick in my neck looking at a few things going 'pop' in the night sky. And don't even get me STARTED on Lewes - you have to be some kind of certified weirdo to voluntarily go through the horrific logistical trauma just to bother with that bunch of old fanny. As far as Preston Park being binned off - the weather has just done everyone a massive favour.

:goal:

Clearly the voice of reason on this subject. Fireworks are ridiculous, great for kids and adults of a certain IQ but what a load of rubbish. They terrify animals as well, as a key point - they're just an absolute waste of time. It's not for me, Clive.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When we were kids on Shoreham beach there were upward of ten bonfires built with pride by loads of patchloyal kids . . . .all lit on 5th. Pissy little boxes of fireworks were launched at the sea at all sorts of angles whatever the weather.

Now . . . .nothing.

I'm not aware anyone ever got hurt . . .you could probably get confirmation from 'fingerless blind Pete'. In the lady Jane pub.*

* I made that bit up.

Does that no longer happen?

We had so much fun making the fires as well, including a night time visit to the wharf side next to Silver Sands to 'acquire' our central planks for the structure, beachcombing for wood, and traipsing round the local houses for old fences and the like to burn.

Such memories.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Preston Park hasn't been binned off, just postponed. I love fireworks and yomping around in the cold, wet and dark ... it makes the cozy warm pub so much better after

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I honestly fail to see what the big deal is with fireworks.
The last thing I'd want to do is leave the warmth of my living room or pub to go yomping around in the cold, wet and dark with a bunch of excitable rosy-cheeked cackgammons, just to get a crick in my neck looking at a few things going 'pop' in the night sky. And don't even get me STARTED on Lewes - you have to be some kind of certified weirdo to voluntarily go through the horrific logistical trauma just to bother with that bunch of old fanny. As far as Preston Park being binned off - the weather has just done everyone a massive favour.

Had a pleasant time with my grandchildren and family on Thursday evening with a few fireworks etc...we didn’t spend too much money had a little food and drink after ...quite happy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nevill isnt til mid november this year. I think it's the 16th

Oh, what’s this one then?

725515a8f48acecba23c07e242dee3b3.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Preston Park hasn't been binned off, just postponed. I love fireworks and yomping around in the cold, wet and dark ... it makes the cozy warm pub so much better after

Had a pleasant time with my grandchildren and family on Thursday evening with a few fireworks etc...we didn’t spend too much money had a little food and drink after ...quite happy.

Each to their own. I did it all in my younger years, but my priorities have now realigned. I would rather staple my foreskin to Daniel Radcliffe than go to a firework display.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here