Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Legacy Numbers

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just spotted that England are giving legacy numbers out to players. Good idea? Could the History Man do the business? Personally it would be good to see what number my great grandad got - Tommy White 1904/6 who played in the season we first wore the stripes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Weren't all players given 1-11 depending on their position for quite a few decades?
How would anyone know the exact order that contracts were signed?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Weren't all players given 1-11 depending on their position for quite a few decades?

If memory serves...

1 Goalkeeper
2 Right Back
3 Left Back
4 Right Half
5 Centre Half
6 Left Half
7 Right Wing
8 Inside Right
9 Centre Forward
10 Inside Left
11 Left Wing

12 Substitute

Life was so much simpler then :smile:

Tho on the down side you only got to know the halftime scores if you bought a programme with the secret code letters in :lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If memory serves...

1 Goalkeeper
2 Right Back
3 Left Back
4 Right Half
5 Centre Half
6 Left Half
7 Right Wing
8 Inside Right
9 Centre Forward
10 Inside Left
11 Left Wing

12 Substitute

Life was so much simpler then :smile:

Tho on the down side you only got to know the halftime scores if you bought a programme with the secret code letters in :lol:

proper. I was No11 at Steyning Strikers, and Shoreham boys club under Mel Hopkins. We were crap, but happy days!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think a lot of posters have the wrong idea here. Its not positional numbers, but the order in which they were awarded their first cap. So with the exception of the first starting 11and subs it would follow on from there. So as each new player was capped they would receive the next number

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here