Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Weekly v Science

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday I went to the Science museum and stayed for Football Weekly.
T'was jolly good fun, sadly I entered into a verbal NDR so I can't mention the answer to one question that was of particular interest to me and the current champions :wink: #KickABallStraight.

Anyhoo after the intermission Science took over giving a fairly frightening look into the future of football.

They started with https://rezzil.com/ which is basically VR FIFA.

Much fun was had with Baz wired into the matrix.
He was placed in a real life Utd defence as Mbappe ran through to score for PSG.

Baz watched the play unfold in front of him, in real time, yet stood motionless as Mbappe collected the ball and ran at him.
It was frighteningly fast.

They were saying Premier League clubs, below the top 6, are getting on board with this for training and post game reflection.
They also see it as ideal for substitutes to wear on the bench, so they are up to match speed when they come on!

Next up was Southampton's Head Sports Science - not great timing for her, but very funny for everyone else.

Lastly was a company who concentrate on goalkeepers and have developed a software that traces and tracks a players skeleton.
With their study they believe they are able to predict how a goalkeeping change can alter xG.

But the main takeaway from him was if as he's about to kick the ball the penalty taker raises the arm opposite to his kicking foot he's kicking across his body.
But if that arm stays low he's going the other side with his body.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here