Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Happy Halloween!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just wanted to wish all my friends on NSC a happy Halloween, one of the great occasions in the calendar.

All of the many who will be attending Halloween parties over the coming days here is a guide to getting though Halloween without offending anyone with your costume....

Guide to Halloween outfits that do not offend

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yesterday, I asked my neighbour if her kids would be going trick or treating tonight. She said they would be, “...be sure to put a pumpkin out though”.

“Why?”
“It’s the code the kids use to know which houses to go to for sweets”
“I have to buy a pumpkin and carve it to advertise I’m giving free sweets away to kids I don’t know?”
“Err, yes.”
“Righto”

Sod that.

I’ll put some sweets out in a bucket. If the kids find them, that’s great; if not, that’s ok too. After all, the sweets are already 3 years old, I can always put them out again next year. There’s no best before date on sugar, right?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Note on the door ready, I seem to have mislaid my printed " No Trick or Treat " printed poster that I got from the police station.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
“I have to buy a pumpkin and carve it to advertise I’m giving free sweets away to kids I don’t know?”
“Err, yes.”
“Righto”

Sod that.

Moreover, why mutilate perfectly good food and then put it out on your doorstep to rot?

I thought we were supposed to be educating the kids that food waste is a moral crime?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sponsored by Haribo

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The annual thread for the miserly, miserable and mean spirited so and so's to vent their frustration and anger.

I'm usually happy and smiling at the end of a long working day, I'm even happier at 8PM when the 10th group of local kids has banged on my door, shouted " trick or treat " in my face and held out a bin liner full of sweets that they can hardly lift, and expect me to smile and add to their stash. :annoyed:

Note on the door and feet up, I will be miserly, miserable and mean spirited :D

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The traditional annual miserable **** thread. I enjoy this so much more now the annual pride binfest is a shadow of it's former bigoted self.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yesterday, I asked my neighbour if her kids would be going trick or treating tonight. She said they would be, “...be sure to put a pumpkin out though”.

“Why?”
“It’s the code the kids use to know which houses to go to for sweets”
“Err, yes.”
“Righto”

Sod that.

I’ll put some sweets out in a bucket. If the kids find them, that’s great; if not, that’s ok too. After all, the sweets are already 3 years old, I can always put them out again next year. There’s no best before date on sugar, right?

When my daughter was small she like to dress and do the trick or treat thing.

We would only knock on the doors where people had put out something to show they were participating. It don't have to be masterly carved pumpkin, sometimes just a computer printed Happy Halloween sign in the window. That way we did not disturb anyone that was not interested.

She is way too old for that now. We will put something out tonight and she now offer the sweets to the kids.

Like most on here I do not remember Trick or Treat when I was young it was "Penny for the Guy" instead.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
For the first time in years, my boys arent bothered at all about going out for Halloween....weve not even done any pumpkins this year. My eldest will be working, and the youngest just cant be arsed.....which is all fine with me.
Despite loving the US, & a lot of its traditions, Halloween is the one I've never really taken to, despite the kids loving it when they were younger - so it'll be a quiet night in instead.
Also, as we live on top of a hill with a long set of dark unlit steps up to the door, weve never had trick or treaters anyway - so we wont have to get off the sofa all evening hopefully.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We’ve got our good friends Polly and Giles coming over for a Halloween party on. Saturday but we’ve got nothing special planned for the big day today apart from a Halloween themed tea and then a horror movie this evening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here