Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hertha Berlin Vs Dynamo Dresden tonight

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
35,000 Dresden away following!
87AE6748-E74B-4AE5-94FB-78F7AFECACAE.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I find it really interesting that a country so stereotypically straight laced in many aspects (punctuality, funcionality, ordered) can produce and allows such mental scenes when it comes to football.

Quite jealous they can achieve it whilst we can't take bottle tops into the stands for fear of fvck knows what considering a coin for example would do much more damage if thrown than a bloody bottle top

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Idiotic

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That’s not far short of what we took to Wembley for a midweek league game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I find it really interesting that a country so stereotypically straight laced in many aspects (punctuality, funcionality, ordered) can produce and allows such mental scenes when it comes to football.

Quite jealous they can achieve it whilst we can't take bottle tops into the stands for fear of fvck knows what considering a coin for example would do much more damage if thrown than a bloody bottle top

Watching football in Germany was amazing went to watch Hertha and took a five pint pitcher to my seat!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

We’re so controlled here, and up tight because of it. Until you seriously break the law that is. Then you can do what you like e.g. stab someone, let off with a caution. Throw emptybottle of water onto pitch...lifetime ban, name in papers, all over social media, social pariah, lose job, home, wife leaves you, kids into social care, become alcoholic and die a sad lonely death.:annoyed: Barber OUT! :clap:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We’re so controlled here, and up tight because of it. Until you seriously break the law that is. Then you can do what you like e.g. stab someone, let off with a caution. Throw emptybottle of water onto pitch...lifetime ban, name in papers, all over social media, social pariah, lose job, home, wife leaves you, kids into social care, become alcoholic and die a sad lonely death.:annoyed: Barber OUT! :clap:

Yep, pretty much. I'm not advocating for the kind of scenes in the op's photo - that really is madness - but we've gone so far in the opposite direction we've completely lost sight of rational thinking - like the bottletop situation (why was that actually brought in!? Did one person throw a bottletop or something??). We just accept it all like sheepdog.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s the bottle not the bottle top that would be thrown

Oops have I been whooshed?

No, you haven't

I just can't believe I've never realised that the perceived problem is throwing a full bottle with the top on, rather than a bottle top, and ive had to have someone spell it out for me instead :dunce::dunce::ffsparr:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No, you haven't

I just can't believe I've never realised that the perceived problem is throwing a full bottle with the top on, rather than a bottle top, and ive had to have someone spell it out for me instead :dunce::dunce::ffsparr:

Probably you didn't realise it because you couldn't be bothered to read a 70 page thread on NSC

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyway. Incredible away support. Love Germany, they're properly passionate about their football over there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I'm currently in Dusseldorf and went and watched Dortmund v Gladbach last night. Incredible support from both fans.

Smart cards for drinking and branded plastic cups. The only negative was the smoking in the stands, can't believe how many Germans still smoke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here