Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Band break-ups

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've just found out that my favourite band, Cymbals Eat Guitars, have parted ways. It's honestly a bit gutting.

When I heard their first album I was going through some shit and the first notes of the first track of that first album hit me hard. They were the first notes of music to have gotten through to my misery addled brain for a while and, without hamming it up too much, I credit that album with starting to pull me out of the place I was in.

Three more albums later and now they're done. Thankfully I got to see them live.

Anyone else ever been affected badly by the break up of a band? Excluding Take That; that one hit all of us.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not so much a complete break up but lost interest in The Stranglers when Hugh Cornwall left.

My other faves Metallica and Iron Maiden have been pretty stable for many years with only Jason Newsted leaving Metallica in 2001 with not too great a problem as replacement Robert Trujillo an excellent choice.

My slightly left field faves Level 42 are down to just two original members and trundle along quite nicely albeit living on past 80's glories.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not quite the same but I was gutted when I heard Marcus Bell had died (thereby ending the real history of Opposition).

Gutted also that no tracks from the magnificent final album are listed on youtube. I don't do spotify but it all seems to be here. RIP Marcus.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0hu5WxvPjyhJDcpDCjP55P

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I was initially gutted when Tanya Donelly left Throwing Muses, but then we got The Breeders and Belly instead, plus I got to see her play some reunited dates anyway.

And Grant MacLennan's passing saddened me; no more Go Betweens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here