Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Screens at the Amex

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
I have been made aware that some grounds are showing the results of a VAR review on the screens. If this is the case after Paul Barbers comments only a few weeks ago why are we not showing them?
If it is a clear decision then show it!
Has anyone else seen this and are able to confirm that it is happening elsewhere?

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
And also why don’t we show the goalscorers any more? Bit frustrating, especially now we score 3 every home game.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
it was shown by mistake at one match this weekend! I also notice that when watching a match on TV, quite often the big screens are showing the whole match.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The Dan Burn offside VAR decision in the West Ham game was shown on the Big screens , or did I imagine that ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OOooooooooooolayyyyyy

OOooooooooooolayyyyyy

OOooooooooooolayyyyyy

Loved it. Then again on the North Stand concourse after. Great scenes.
Exactly [emoji23]

Last time it was that good was Sidwell's half way line effort at Bristol City. The Sky coverage was on the big screen throughout so we saw the goal about 8 times.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
it was shown by mistake at one match this weekend! I also notice that when watching a match on TV, quite often the big screens are showing the whole match.

More often than not I find other teams in the PL show the full match on the screens. Its quite hand sometimes as an away supporter when part of the pitch is hidden from view.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They showed the Bertrand Red Card and you could here the fans in the ground wince.

As for showing replays after our goals, I hadnt noticed they had stopped fairly certain they showed Grosses, not sure about the pen, as for the final goal who would have even noticed I was celebrating well into the game being restarted.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
More often than not I find other teams in the PL show the full match on the screens. Its quite hand sometimes as an away supporter when part of the pitch is hidden from view.

At Villa they kept putting random bits of action on the screen, but the whole game was being shown on the concourse, including all the VAR decisions

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its another VAR inconsistency. In theory they are supposed to show replays of the VAR decisions on the big screens if it has altered something, so that we all know whats been decided and why. The reality is that they are shit scared of showing it, for fear of inflaming the situation (although some can still check on their phones, if they can get a signal).

I can't imagine Everton fans would have reacted very well to seeing that penalty decision replayed on the big screens (while we all laughed at it). So they suppress it, because its preferable to leave us all in the dark in case we kick off. VAR is primarily for the TV audience, not the mug punters in the stadium. Thats been made perfectly clear.

Welcome to football, 2019.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
General observation on the Amex Big Screens: no matter how big they are - and they're bloody enormous - the entire North Stand still SWIVELS to look at the Amex Big Screen behind them for their hot Albion action, rather than SQUINT at the Amex Big Screen in front of them :moo:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They showed Villa's disallowed goal on the screen much to the (justified) annoyance of their fans.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Its another VAR inconsistency. In theory they are supposed to show replays of the VAR decisions on the big screens if it has altered something, so that we all know whats been decided and why. The reality is that they are shit scared of showing it, for fear of inflaming the situation (although some can still check on their phones, if they can get a signal).

I can't imagine Everton fans would have reacted very well to seeing that penalty decision replayed on the big screens (while we all laughed at it). So they suppress it, because its preferable to leave us all in the dark in case we kick off. VAR is primarily for the TV audience, not the mug punters in the stadium. Thats been made perfectly clear.

Welcome to football, 2019.

Ridiculous I know. I had no Idea why we got the penalty untill I looked on the live stream. I can't see Everton fans kicking off less because they don't know what is going on. Surely showing them Connollys foot getting trod on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With regards to the penalty. Had that been the other end, Dunk accidentally standing on Calvert-Lewins foot and C-L going down like he'd been shot, thumping the floor because of excruciating pain, and because of that VAR gives a penalty. As one the 15,000 left in the ground would have gone mental.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I suppose at the Amex we've all got a good view so it's probably unnecessary to do that at Brighton, and possibly a bit distracting. But it does seem an expensive way of keeping us all aware of the line-ups.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With regards to the penalty. Had that been the other end, Dunk accidentally standing on Calvert-Lewins foot and C-L going down like he'd been shot, thumping the floor because of excruciating pain, and because of that VAR gives a penalty. As one the 15,000 left in the ground would have gone mental.

Seemed to be an excessive amount of play-acting from both sides last Saturday.

Pretty pathetic to watch ****s from both sides writhe around on the ground waving that all-important arm in the air to signify I Really REALLY Mean It This Time!!! Only to be happily running around again following the obligatory limp to the touchline. And to compound the con, the booted-out ball ALWAYS gets given back to the conning side.

Still, keeps the stretcher-bearers on their toes eh? :rolleyes:

Conning c***s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here