Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour Party

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Stranger things have happened I suppose, but it looks like Jezza will finally meet his Waterloo on the 12th December.

If that is the case, who is likely to be next Labour leader and will they manage to wrest control of Labour back from Momentum? Or will Jezza just carry on? Surely he can't, can he?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be nice if Labour popped down their local showroom and picked out a nice new Kia Starmer, in the morning.

The ultimate Billy Big Bollox move by Corbyn to screw over Johnson.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If they had any sense they would bin off Corbyn, he is simply unelectable and get Keir Starmer or Yvette Cooper in. I mean someone people might actually vote for

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No chance: it will be a woman.

I'm thinking of having a flutter on Pidcock

Momentum with an anti capitalist, marxist agenda, control the party, making up almost all the membership after their 2016 coup.

She has a chance.

Moderates such as Starmer and Benn are liked by half the public, but won’t get that Momentum vote.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The Tory government has been so disastrous yet Labour has been unable to take advantage because leadership has been equally dreadful. If a moderate such as Hilary Benn/Yvette Cooper et al was at the helm Labour would be much more electable. Unlikely to happen unfortunately and Labour may well head back into the oblivion we suffered in the horrendous world of Thatcherite Britain. The thought of 5 years of Boris is truly frightening and I pray for a Christmas miracle!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Expect the Tories will be hoping it’s Diane Abbot

Peter Kyle is suitably moderate

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If they had any sense they would bin off Corbyn, he is simply unelectable and get Keir Starmer or Yvette Cooper in. I mean someone people might actually vote for

This. I met Keir Starmer - he's MP for the area around Euston and he came across as a decent bloke who listens and acts
with even-handedness and fairness.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Momentum will apparently get enough MPs into PLP to ensure a suitably hard left candidate will make the ballot. then down whether membership and unions want more of the same or change, they can know right now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Expect the Tories will be hoping it’s Diane Abbot

Peter Kyle is suitably moderate

Peter Kyle comes across as a really decent bloke

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Diane Abbott ... I've always rated her very highly and she ticks quite a few of the quota boxes, so important in politics these days :wink:

D

Deleted member 2719

Caroline Flint, one of the only labour mp's who believes in democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here