Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NON General Election thread

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hoping to swerve all NSC politics binfests until post the GE.

Little to learn from the predictable class war, EU war, irrational personalised hatred towards politicians (Jo Cox’s family asked that we stop that), insults, and the tedious posting of tweets from completely biased political commentator ‘heroes’. No one budges from very rigid standpoints. Difficult to get an open-minded dialogue, other than with @HWT.

A lot of worthwhile stuff to do instead - sport, boxsets (just started Mindhunter on Netflix, it’s brilliant) and life.

Then vote at the right time, after checking out the main manifesto’s.

Happy days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Little to learn from the predictable class war, EU war, irrational personalised hatred towards politicians (Jo Cox’s family asked that we stop that), insults, and the tedious posting of tweets from completely biased political commentator ‘heroes’. No one budges from very rigid standpoints. Difficult to get an open-minded dialogue, other than with @HWT.

A lot of worthwhile stuff to do instead - sport, boxsets (just started Mindhunter on Netflix, it’s brilliant) and life.

Happy days.

Love your work :lolol:

Sadly I have already weighed in on the GE thread. Luckily it was started by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] who has deliberately set up a poll that will infuriate gammon, the tinker :lolol: :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love your work :lolol:

Sadly I have already weighed in on the GE thread. Luckily it was started by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] who has deliberately set up a poll that will infuriate gammon, the tinker :lolol: :thumbsup:

I realise you’ll be very active in the election threads .... but you never fall into the trap of unreservedly put one political party/leader as the paragon of virtue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I realise you’ll be very active in the election threads .... but you never fall into the trap of unreservedly put one political party/leader as the paragon of virtue.

:lolol:

I realise we need politicians, but they seem to find it hard to not either sell their soul to pursue the party line, or become so drunk on 'principles' they end up like Corbyn and (until recently) Redwood, voting against their own party. Those that do take a middle ground find it hard to capture enough support in their own party to have influence. I think Mr Tony worked out what was needed but, boy, how everyone ganged up on him after he fluffed the Iraq war preparations - it is as if some people just can't stand an affable but rather non-doctrinaire person with a modicum of charm and an instinct to compromise, and cannot wait to lay the boot in:shrug:.

Two paraphrasings:
The public always gets the government they deserve, and
Why do I always vote for a lizard? Becuause if I didn't, the wrong lizard might get elected.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know that will come as a surprise to his many adversaries.

But he’s the only NSC geyser who will call out hypocrisy and incompetence in politicians, even when he leans that way politically. NOT following the herd, flexible of thinking.

(cheque in the post please HWT).

No cheque, but it would be remiss of me to not point out that being fair minded and never a slave to any preconception (which in some amounts to a prejudice) is one of your undeniable virtues.

If I were not a veteran of 61 years of almost unblemished heterosexuality, I'd suggest we consider getting a room :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol:

I realise we need politicians, but they seem to find it hard to not either sell their soul to pursue the party line, or become so drunk on 'principles' they end up like Corbyn and (until recently) Redwood, voting against their own party. Those that do take a middle ground find it hard to capture enough support in their own party to have influence. I think Mr Tony worked out what was needed but, boy, how everyone ganged up on him after he fluffed the Iraq war preparations - it is as if some people just can't stand an affable but rather non-doctrinaire person with a modicum of charm and an instinct to compromise, and cannot wait to lay the boot in:shrug:.

Two paraphrasings:
The public always gets the government they deserve, and
Why do I always vote for a lizard? Becuause if I didn't, the wrong lizard might get elected.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Tony - a case of the very British ‘knock people down from their pedestal’, plus old scores being settled from party personnel to the left of his position. A childish ‘Gotcha’ opportunity.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Tony - a case of the very British ‘knock people down from their pedestal’, plus old scores being settled from party personnel to the left of his position. A childish ‘Gotcha’ opportunity.

He also set the course of history in a region of the world based on lies where we are still suffering the consequences.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is this the right place for me to say that The Thin Blue Line is a hugely underrated series?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Happy days.

Here here! Glad you’re enjoying Mindhunter, it is very good including the second series. Also recommend Escape from Dennamora, a true story, although spoiler alert...they escape! :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sold on Mindhunter yet but only 2 episodes in and I believe it gets better

Stick with it, I think I’d have bailed had wife insisted we watch as she was enjoying and glad I did. Season two was even better.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think there should be a vote to revoke the election.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Happy days.

The actor who plays Edmund Kemper (a serial killer) is excellant.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Luckily, as I've got older, I found I don't need to sleep 12 hours a day. Now I can work and spend countless hours watching sport and stuff on Netflix and Amazon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here