Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Bald & Follicly Challenged Thread

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Seeing as no one on here is under the age of 32 except BG, it seemed like a much needed thread, a safe space for those of us in the club to discuss such woes.

My opening question: Why do some bald men wet shave their heads? Clipper shave it by all means, but sporting the ‘turtle’s head’ wet shave look I cannot understand the appeal of.

???:wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm a Breaking Bad fan, but would never wet shave my head(like Walter White), as it'll need a special kinda razor which could adapt to a peanut shape.
Very closely clipped, my head that is :D

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Seeing as no one on here is under the age of 32 except BG, it seemed like a much needed thread, a safe space for those of us in the club to discuss such woes.

My opening question: Why do some bald men wet shave their heads? Clipper shave it by all means, but sporting the ‘turtle’s head’ wet shave look I cannot understand the appeal of.

???:wink:

LOL - Fabulous Thread. I often wonder what drives other to do it. Mine was economic and medical related

Shaved is much better than a Donald Trump ''Comb Over' or an Elton John Wig.

I can even now when I am closer to 60 than 50 still grow a full head of hair but choose not to. Up until I left home age 24 my sister was a hairdresser and used to cut my hair for free. Then when I moved away from home and bought my first flat I found I needed to cut corners financially, so having no one to cut it for free that was to stop paying £5 or so every 3 or 4 weeks. The other was to stop eating of course !

Suffice to say, I have never grown it to any length ever again and it saves time effort and money to avoid a barber, not to mention that it is much more hygienic just having to wash my head with shower gel every day and avoids itching scalp as I have a mild eczema issue as well.

Interested to see other responses.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
I had my bald head shaved of any type of hair in Worthing recently by a Turkish barber and because there was so little to do she washed my head in the basin to make the whole process take longer, she basically just shined my head !

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I would have a full head of hair but wet shave it my head.
Long story short, I had really long hair and a full beard many years ago and shaved it off down the local for charity.
Raised loads of money, looked in the mirror and thought it actually looked quite cool being bald with a goatie so i kept the look.

Doesn't make me a bad person

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I'm knocking 40 and while I have a good head of hair there's definitely an egg in the nest forming at the crown. I always promised myself I'd go the Barthez way rather than Zidane so I'm now seriously considering shaving it.

Greys I can handle. Receding at the front I can handle. Egg in the nest at the back I just can't walk around with and it's depressing as ****.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m wondering whether it would be better to go down to say a number two than do the comb over which this well known (in football) person does...

IMG_0359.jpeg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fortunately not an issue for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My hair started to go in my late teens. Got it all shaved off early 20s and have never looked back. I have it clipped with the small clippers at the barbers every two weeks. Big clippers for the beard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fortunately not an issue for me.

Me neither. It has receded at the front a bit (I am 61 after all) and is grey at the temples, but I have no tonsure. I have a number one back and sides, anyway. I am not a ****ing hippy.

My two brothers have increasing amounts of hair loss in inverse proportion to our ages (I am the eldest). Which amuses me a bit. The 'inverse hair' rule I call it. Something I never mention, of course.

:facepalm::lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m always amused by the lengths that some men go to hide their hair loss, come on fella, nobodies falling for it, bite the bullett and have it off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nothing on the top for me and a regular as clockwork, clipper delivered number one all over the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me neither. It has receded at the front a bit (I am 61 after all) and is grey at the temples, but I have no tonsure. I have a number one back and sides, anyway. I am not a ****ing hippy.

My two brothers have increasing amounts of hair loss in inverse proportion to our ages (I am the eldest). Which amuses me a bit. The 'inverse hair' rule I call it. Something I never mention, of course.

:facepalm::lolol:

But you do have a hell of a centre parting though :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here