• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Tories in Hastings & Rye are still yet to announce Amber Rudd's replacement. The Green Party will not be standing and the Brexit Party candidate has been moved to stand in Dagenham now he doesn't have the seat of a high profile remain cabinet minister to contest. The Lib Dems don't stand a chance, but it could come down to who ends up doing the best out of how many votes they end up taking off both Labour and the Tories. The Labour candidate did state when she resigned that he thought the profile of Rudd and the incumbent factor now not applying makes it easier to win though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I could never vote for Lloyd in a million years which does not leave a lot of choice to be honest. As you say, Labour and green is a wasted vote in Eastbourne.

I really don't believe any vote is wasted now.

Here in Findon we come under East Worthing and Shoreham for some reason. You'd have always said that is Tory through and through. However, here's how the Labour share of the vote has changed over recent elections:

2010: 16.7%
2015: 19.5%
2017: 39.3%

If people thought "a vote for Labour is wasted" in those previous elections, and put their X somewhere else, then we wouldn't have the position we have today where Labour could have a real chance (if they had a leader of any merit anyway).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Is anyone going to base their vote primarily around anything other than the Brexit issue?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Surprised to see [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] indicating a vote for the Labour Party. It's almost as if he will vote for them regardless of their shambolic state (see also: [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION])

I find it more surprising that - according to the poll quoted above - 35% of the population is still gullible enough to believe the Tories are acting in their interest, despite all the deceit, downright lies and betrayal that has been shoved down everyone's throats unrelentingly for the past several years.

Actually, no. On reflection it isn't surprising at all... It just sums up the UK of late.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
UK politics fast becoming the comedy show [all parties] for mainland Europe.
UK = unable to make its's mind up on stay or leave, red or blue.
Shirley the outcome of such a diverse dichotomy of population that now makes up the UK

And the democracy? What democracy, the people vote one way [close] but members of parliament want it their way.

Utter tosh !!

#UKlaughingstock

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I really don't believe any vote is wasted now.

It is where I live! Labour got 60% of the vote in 2017.

If I lived a few streets away then it would be different as it will be pretty close between Lib Dems and Labour (I think the Lib Dems will retake the seat) but as it is, I may as well not bother (I will of course).

Stupid voting system.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Presumably UKIP will be fielding candidates too - neither will win the election, but ridiculous to stick them in with 'other'.

Do UKIP still exist as anything other than a laughing stock? I don't even know which racist / sexist / bigot (delete as appropriate when they are sacked for one or more) is in charge now. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I find it more surprising that - according to the poll quoted above - 35% of the population is still gullible enough to believe the Tories are acting in their interest, despite all the deceit, downright lies and betrayal that has been shoved down everyone's throats unrelentingly for the past several years.

Actually, no. On reflection it isn't surprising at all... It just sums up the UK of late.

Whilst I could never vote for the Conservative Party in its current guise, I don't think it's surprising in the slightest that many would. If you're of the "leave means leave" inclination, then Boris Johnson is your man, isn't he? I'm not sure it's any more complicated than that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

If I lived a few streets away then it would be different as it will be pretty close between Lib Dems and Labour (I think the Lib Dems will retake the seat) but as it is, I may as well not bother (I will of course).

Stupid voting system.

Tories got ~60% in Mid-Sussex, next best is ~25%.

My vote is effectively of no value.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Heart says Green but head says Labour. I dread to think how much misery another 5 years of Tory austerity will bring.

I cannot vote having been non resident for over 15 years but not sure if I get this accusation.

"Mr Johnson’s spending plans appear to add up to much more than £27bn. He has pledged a hospital-building programme; a new railway line to link northern cities; a £3.6bn fund for deprived towns; and a*plan to fix the crisis in social care."

Austerity*:
A difficult economic situation caused by a government reducing the amount of money it spends.

Edit.
If I could vote, I would probably vote green.

Tories-look after the wealthy too much.
Labour-don't seem to have a policy on anything other than nationalisation.
Lib Dem - Buch of hypoctites ignoring the result of a legal referendum and should be forced to remove democrat from their name.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Stupid voting system.

Tories got ~60% in Mid-Sussex, next best is ~25%.

My vote is effectively of no value.

As I tried to explain, if everyone though that there would be no change.

Now, maybe voting Liberal Democrat will not see them win this time, but if everyone who would like to vote Liberal Democrat actually did, then the gap may narrow and, next time, they may have a real chance.

That's why I don't believe any vote is wasted.

Jan 30, 2008

Time to wake up and smell the coffee
Regards
DF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As I tried to explain, if everyone though that there would be no change.

Now, maybe voting Liberal Democrat will not see them win this time, but if everyone who would like to vote Liberal Democrat actually did, then the gap may narrow and, next time, they may have a real chance.

That's why I don't believe any vote is wasted.

I did once read that the LibDems would be the country's leading party if enough people thought they could be the country's leading party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here