A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And here's how they line up on the grid for the race

[TWEET]1189149239424749568[/TWEET]

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This will be like the old elections in Russia, only one real candidate, so therefore only one winner, Jeremy Corbyn has all but destroyed the Labour Party from within, five more years of Boris then.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In Eastbourne the only people with a chance of getting elected are the incumbent, a Pro-Brexit Lib-Dem, and a Pro-Brexit Tory.
So unless Lloyd comes out as anti-brexit, I cannot vote for him and I would never vote Tory so it will be a pointless vote for Labour or Green.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
This will be like the old elections in Russia, only one real candidate, so therefore only one winner, Jeremy Corbyn has all but destroyed the Labour Party from within, five more years of Boris then.

How’d you figure? ??? In May’s vanity election Corbyn gained the biggest increase in votes for Labour since WW2. The polls pre snap election showed the Tories way ahead and we all know what happened then. May underestimated Labour and Corbyn and it ultimately cost her her job. Whilst I don’t see anything other than a hung parliament, the notion that Corbyn isn’t a threat to the Tories is simply wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He'll need to find a safe Tory constituency then as his majority halved in 2017, and is a slender 5,034. Most of his constituents want to kick him out now.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
How’d you figure? ??? In May’s vanity election Corbyn gained the biggest increase in votes for Labour since WW2. The polls pre snap election showed the Tories way ahead and we all know what happened then. May underestimated Labour and Corbyn and it ultimately cost her her job. Whilst I don’t see anything other than a hung parliament, the notion that Corbyn isn’t a threat to the Tories is simply wrong.

Maybe, we shall see, May was a disaster for the Tories and turned voters off. Boris will be a far harder campaigner to beat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In Eastbourne the only people with a chance of getting elected are the incumbent, a Pro-Brexit Lib-Dem, and a Pro-Brexit Tory.
So unless Lloyd comes out as anti-brexit, I cannot vote for him and I would never vote Tory so it will be a pointless vote for Labour or Green.

Lloyd left the Liberal Party as his consituency voted leave, though he is a remainer. so depends if he rejoins Liberals, or stands independent, which could lead to a very interesting three way vote.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surprised to see [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] indicating a vote for the Labour Party. It's almost as if he will vote for them regardless of their shambolic state (see also: [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION])

I wouldn't vote for Corbyn in any further leadership election, there needs to be a leader who has authority and can actually lead. The experiment has failed at great costs to people's lives

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's a strange one because Lloyd is actually a Remain MP, but when he won the seat from the Tory in 2017, he said as Eastbourne had voted for Brexit, he felt he had to represent them in Parliament. He resigned the whip voluntarily. It is good to have an MP who votes with his conscience, but against his own party.
We admire rebels when they vote the way we want them to.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heidi Allen just announced she won't be standing at the next GE. Logical end game for one of those non-conviction politicians who change parties like other people change energy suppliers :wave:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He'll need to find a safe Tory constituency then as his majority halved in 2017, and is a slender 5,034. Most of his constituents want to kick him out now.

Quite a few surprises in store I suspect, whatever the overall outcome. Johnson's seat is definitely not safe.

A good chance that Ian Duncan Smith will lose his seat. The Labour candidate, Faiza Shaheen, is great and has already motivated a lot of local support.

What's the feeling from those in Hastings out of interest? Was very tight in 2017.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe, we shall see, May was a disaster for the Tories and turned voters off. Boris will be a far harder campaigner to beat.

Yeah. May made the mistake of thinking Corbyn was unelectable and campaigned accordingly. Johnson won't make that mistake.

Anyway, this could well be the last GE we have as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, so enjoy it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
443b081b0deb49c3893ccdadb8207097.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah. May made the mistake of thinking Corbyn was unelectable and campaigned accordingly. Johnson won't make that mistake

Johnson has only to present a better manifesto and not be May to improve on her election. winning the brexit argument or some other rabbit will be what makes the difference between hung parliament or a majority. lets not forget Johnson has the capacity to decieve and conjure any old policy that he and team think will help, expect spending on everything that gets a headline.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

I could never vote for Lloyd in a million years which does not leave a lot of choice to be honest. As you say, Labour and green is a wasted vote in Eastbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here