Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pep Guardiola uses the wrong word

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Pep Guardiola described the Southampton players who lost 9-0 at home to Leicester City last Friday as 'incredible professionals'. I tend to think he meant 'non credible professionals'' :)

Anyone else agree?

TNBA

TTF

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The way Leicester are playing at the moment, with the opposition being down to 10 men early doors, I am not surprised at the score. OK, Southampton heads may have dropped but I suspect he was referring to their attitude after the game rather than their inability on it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's certainly incredible that one or two of them are professionals.

Yoda

English & European
The only words to use for Southampton are Arrogant Tossers who showed us no respect (and no traditional Guard of Honour) when we took the title they thought was theirs! No sympathy from me, I'm afraid!

To be fair to them, they did give us one for the final game at The Dell which they didn't have to do.

el punal

To be fair to them, they did give us one for the final game at The Dell which they didn't have to do.

It was a friendly, they were saying goodbye to the Dell, we were Div.3 Champions, they were in the Premier League, it was an end of season jolly, Micky Adams was a Saints legend and the whole occasion was non-competitive.

2011 at Withdean on the the other hand . . . :angry:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was a friendly, they were saying goodbye to the Dell, we were Div.3 Champions, they were in the Premier League, it was an end of season jolly, Micky Adams was a Saints legend and the whole occasion was non-competitive.

I blame Nigel Adkins (can they keep up) rather than the Saints fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"If there is one saying it's: 'Tough periods make tough people,'" midfielder Hojbjerg told the Southern Daily Echo.

Is that a saying then ? I've never heard of it.

el punal

I blame Nigel Adkins (can they keep up) rather than the Saints fans.

True, Adkins was a knob. Saints fans in general are okay but they do have a sense of “entitlement” about them. They have not had to suffer the slings and arrows of suffering that we have had to endure in recent history which has made them less accepting of their current shit circumstances. To be fair the Southampton fans that I have spoken to realise that it is a deep seated malaise that is now entrenched in their club from the owners downwards, and at the moment there doesn’t seem to be a ready solution.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

... or 29 April 1978 if you really want to dig up the past!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
" 'Tough periods make tough people,'"

At the expense of the blokes that have to put up with the ''mood swings'' that go with them.

I am not really being misogynistic here - However I couldn't resist a little chuckle at that statement, given I grew up with a one sister 11 months older than me and one sister 11 months younger

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our recent record against such losers is embarrassing isn’t it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here