Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 34 custard creams

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My son in law has just confessed to me that he has just eaten 34 custard creams in a short scoff up. Just over 2000 calories. He is 27 and not overweight. They were 36p down from 44p in Morrisons....

I’d like some sort of response from NSC.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was it a bet or a challenge? If neither of these he should seek medical help, not sure if mental or physical.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did he dunk them all in the same cup of tea?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My son in law has just confessed to me that he has just eaten 34 custard creams in a short scoff up. Just over 2000 calories. He is 27 and not overweight. They were 36p down from 44p in Morrisons....

How many packets was that I’m assuming at least 2 ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I generally eat quite well but biscuits are the one thing I can’t have in the house because I’ll just plough through an entire pack in one sitting if they are to hand.
I have a huge mug that can easily accommodate the dunking of a regular sized pack of biscuits.

I’ll go for almost any biscuit except hob-nobs (it’s not the taste, it’s the texture) , garibaldis (raisins make me gag) or ginger nuts (ginger irritates my throat).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Many years ago, whilst making my dinner, I asked my flat mate ('Turks') if he wanted some. He declined, since he had just eaten a large pack of chocolate digestives. If I recall, it was about 2,000 calories.

He was a skinny fat bloke. I'm sure you all know one of these people. They look slim, but it's a freak of genetics. If you touch them their body feels like carrier bags full of water. They just yield

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Quote..
"I’ll go for almost any biscuit except hob-nobs (it’s not the taste, it’s the texture) , garibaldis (raisins make me gag) or ginger nuts (ginger irritates my throat)."
Digestives do the trick for me, lovely grub!
Not a whole packet at once though

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
34 custard creams packed and very neat
34 custard creams packed and very neat
And if one custard cream I accidentally eat
There'll be 33 custard creams packed and very neat ... ad infinitum.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Was it a bet or a challenge? If neither of these he should seek medical help, not sure if mental or physical.

Exactly. What kind of mentalist counts custard creams?

As an aside, I once ate 500g of coleslaw in under a minute but that was a race and won me £20.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exactly. What kind of mentalist counts custard creams?

As an aside, I once ate 500g of coleslaw in under a minute but that was a race and won me £20.

An old pub I used to go to in Tarring in Worthing had the ‘Cheese Snips Record’ scrawled on a blackboard .You had to put then in two piles to cram them in your mouth and were not allowed to drop a crumb from that point on. I held the record at 32 in one mouthfall for over two weeks.

Cheese snips were like a mini cheddar for those without a knowledge of ‘Classic Snacks‘ of the 80’s and 90’s.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

My response is that this has cost him approximately 1.06p per CC.

If he had purchased them at the higher price, then it would have cost him approximately 1.29p per CC.

He has therefore saved 0.23p per comestible.

That saving probably gave him a boost of endorphins with each CC consumed and no doubt spurred him on without much thought to the consequences.

Either that or he is just dead greedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here