Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two tickets per eligible Fan Number - Albion+ versus STH

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Don't know if this has cropped up before - or if I'm reading this all wrong.

For home games that allow 2 tickets for each 'Fan Number', Albion+ members seem to be able to buy not only a ticket for themselves, but also one for a non member guest. But STHs have to wait a week before they can buy a ticket for a non member guest.

An example ... the forthcoming Wolves and Sheffield United games:

Albion+ members were able to buy 2 tickets from 22 October - but STHs have to wait until 29 October to buy a ticket for a guest.

I emailed Supporter Services about it - just in case I was missing something ... but the reply seemed to completely miss the point I was making. I have just called them and after explaining the issue a few times ... the response was along the lines of ... ah, I see what you're saying, but that's the way it is!!

Surely it would be 'fairer' for both STH and Albion+ members too be able to buy guest tickets at the same time?

Or am I reading it all wrong??

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Clearly as a STH you have failed to get your acquaintances to buy MyAlbion+ membership and it's only fair to let the proles have a try

Honestly it seems fine to me, as a STH I'm sat in the same spot with the same people and it's a serious fanny (and not great economics) to move my seat to be next to a JCL or two of my acquaintance.
Now your commmited casual fan, with their MyAlbion+ membership is going to find the facility to bring an extra friend far more user friendly and be far more likely to use it.

All fine by me. As long as the season ticket gets me a seat to every home game I want to be at I'm not inclined to quibble even slightly.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Clearly as a STH you have failed to get your acquaintances to buy MyAlbion+ membership and it's only fair to let the proles have a try

Honestly it seems fine to me, as a STH I'm sat in the same spot with the same people and it's a serious fanny (and not great economics) to move my seat to be next to a JCL or two of my acquaintance.
Now your commmited casual fan, with their MyAlbion+ membership is going to find the facility to bring an extra friend far more user friendly and be far more likely to use it.

All fine by me. As long as the season ticket gets me a seat to every home game I want to be at I'm not inclined to quibble even slightly.

My two sons both have Albion+ membership - so no problem there, obviously. But I have friends and family that for various reasons might only make 1 game.

It’s not a biggie - I just thought it a little odd, that’s all ... and wondered if maybe I wasn’t reading things correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My emboldening in the quote.
I know very little about season tickets so can somebody tell me me what sanctions somebody suffers when giving up their ticket to The Exchange. As the STH match price is effectively subsidised by the more casual supporter, is there a sliding scale for the amount they receive for their exchange ie does the refund reduce following every match missed (as it should) ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My emboldening in the quote.
I know very little about season tickets so can somebody tell me me what sanctions somebody suffers when giving up their ticket to The Exchange. As the STH match price is effectively subsidised by the more casual supporter, is there a sliding scale for the amount they receive for their exchange ie does the refund reduce following every match missed (as it should) ?

Good point that I agree with. I was only thinking of Carabao and FA cup games when I inserted that proviso, as I only miss home league games in truly exceptional circumstances.
I'd just take season tickets away from anyone missing 6 games or more.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
so does this mean that as a season ticket holder I could buy two match day tickets, one for me, one for someone with a fan number and still have my season ticket?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
so does this mean that as a season ticket holder I could buy two match day tickets, one for me, one for someone with a fan number and still have my season ticket?

You can buy 2 extra tickets, for certain matches, for your guests and yes still keep your season ticket seat. Small note: you use your own fan number when buying guest tickets, as in you assign them to yourself not your guest, as you are the person eligible for the tickets not your guest. So your guests don't need fan numbers or purchase history at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here