Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray seeing the game out

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
3-2 up. A couple of mins to go, Murray gets the ball on the left in the middle of the Everton half. Runs down the left channel, looks up, Connolly and Maupay (could be others) are pelting into the box ready for the cross. We're shouting, get it in the middle, fans roaring still from the shock of being on top again.

So he runs the ball into the corner draws a couple of defenders with him, passed it out going backwards and goes to Burn and Dunky. Saw the game out. A win is a win.

Had a lot more mature head than me. Wonder if one of the young guns would have crossed it in, lost possession and we lose to a last minute goal like Villa (94th min) or the Burnley equaliser (91st min).

Very good experienced bit of skill from GM that guaranteed the 3 points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Everyone in my area of the West Upper was screaming at Trossard, or whoever it was that passed to Murray, to head to the corner and see time out rather than trying to create anything else.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
More importantly re the winning goal, had Digne missed Trossard's cross Murray was up with play to tap in at the near post. Indeed, he peeled off towards the back post whilst staying onside, thereby being able to score from either a floated cross or a side foot.

It's actually quite a thing to slow down the move into .25 speed and see what Trossard, Maupay and Murray each do in those few seconds. IMHO All three do exactly the right thing.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
3-2 up. A couple of mins to go, Murray gets the ball on the left in the middle of the Everton half. Runs down the left channel, looks up, Connolly and Maupay (could be others) are pelting into the box ready for the cross. We're shouting, get it in the middle, fans roaring still from the shock of being on top again.

So he runs the ball into the corner draws a couple of defenders with him, passed it out going backwards and goes to Burn and Dunky. Saw the game out. A win is a win.

Had a lot more mature head than me. Wonder if one of the young guns would have crossed it in, lost possession and we lose to a last minute goal like Villa (94th min) or the Burnley equaliser (91st min).

This is why I thought Murray should have come on at Villa and not Alzate.

Glenn would have held the ball up and might have won a free kick to get us up the pitch. Instead it went long, Solly couldn't get it and the rest is history.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Loved it. We'd all had more than enough excitement by then thanks very much.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

TBH he was probably knackered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here