Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving Early ......

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
..... I've always been of the opinion that it's up to the ticket holder what they do so long as they don't spoil it for others, but leaving and then congregating on the stairs whilst you watch just one more attack really grips my s**t. Mind you, I dare say fewer will leave early against Norwich given what many missed on Saturday!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
..... I've always been of the opinion that it's up to the ticket holder what they do so long as they don't spoil it for others, but leaving and then congregating on the stairs whilst you watch just one more attack really grips my s**t. Mind you, I dare say fewer will leave early against Norwich given what many missed on Saturday!
I thought that after Buckley, but as that can't keep people in their seats, I don't imagine anything will.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Im quite surprised no one's ever started a thread about this before tbh

I think people can go, if they wish, but bloody stay or go, not in between spoiling it for others.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It's their ticket and their choice. Nobody on here would stamp their feet like a child about it though, would they?...………..OH. But you make a good point about congregating on the stairs. Selfish.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Could the early leavers hear the cheers from the ground , whilst getting drenched waiting for the P&R buses

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Left at the end Sat. Had to stand out in the pissing wind and rain in the very exposed ques, waiting an eternity for the Mill Rd P&R m - well over 30 mins. If you miss the first round of busses then you have to wait for them to drop off the passengers, fight through the cars leaving Mill Rd and all the other Albion and normal traffic, and then come back.

Made me wish I'd left 10 mins early and would have gotten home before I'd even left the Amex.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
What about the amblers he take an eternity to walk down the stairs.

I don’t care if they’ve got mobility issues - don’t block my view!

:whistle:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Left at the end Sat. Had to stand out in the pissing wind and rain in the very exposed ques, waiting an eternity for the Mill Rd P&R m - well over 30 mins. If you miss the first round of busses then you have to wait for them to drop off the passengers, fight through the cars leaving Mill Rd and all the other Albion and normal traffic, and then come back.

Made me wish I'd left 10 mins early and would have gotten home before I'd even left the Amex.
Three buses a while ago now pulled up at Amex for Mill Road all three opened the doors queue gone in a matter of minutes and the buses were away. Stewards didn’t seem to happy about it why they have this slow loading one bus at a time nonsense is beyond me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They need to employ the guys from the mass transit railway in Hong Kong, those boys know how to load for maximum capacity and speed!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Im quite surprised no one's ever started a thread about this before tbh

I'm more surprised no-one's ever commented how no-one has ever started a thread about it :wink:

(I was about to write the same thing...:lol:)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Three buses a while ago now pulled up at Amex for Mill Road all three opened the doors queue gone in a matter of minutes and the buses were away. Stewards didn’t seem to happy about it why they have this slow loading one bus at a time nonsense is beyond me.

Absolutely this and some aggressive pushers onners!! Telling people to get upstairs as we can see there are places but I don't really want to go upstairs..............and calm.............:D

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolutely this and some aggressive pushers onners!! Telling people to get upstairs as we can see there are places but I don't really want to go upstairs..............and calm.............:D
We don’t have that problem at Mill Road with the bendy bus just wankers refusing to move down the bus to allow more people on.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What about the huffers & puffers who take an eternity to climb up the stairs to the upper west stand as they are so unfit.............................oh hang on that's me +(

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure it's been asked/talked about before, but why don't they put covers on the queuing areas for the train/bus so we don't get drenched when we're waiting?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You live on Shoreham beach, like myself.

We left at the final whistle, walked straight down onto the platform and got on a train.

Home before 6 without being rained on for more than a couple minutes.

I am accutely aware however that if everyone did that, it would not be so smooth. So I'm glad there are thousands who choose to leave early to pave the way for the rest of us :whistle:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I am often an "Early Leaver" these days, but Saturday you could just sense there was another goal to come. I've rarely had such a feeling of "there's a winner in this one yet" as we enter the last 5 mins, certainly not for us anyway. Loads of times, I can sense we just won't hold off the attacks for much longer, but Everton had completely gone into panic mode since the penalty. It really felt like a game you simply had to stay until the end for.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sure it's been asked/talked about before, but why don't they put covers on the queuing areas for the train/bus so we don't get drenched when we're waiting?

That's how forward thinking the club were, they allowed us a good few seasons at Withdean watching the whole game getting drenched so that queuing up for a few minutes seemed like a breeze :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here