Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Owen Farrell

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NINTCHDBPICT000534291147.jpg

With that giant V.

I can't recall a more psychological dismantling of an opponent before the whistle. Absolute box office, and I truly believe this got RIGHT under the skin of the All Blacks from the start. The pattern of the match, with that ferocious start from England, would bear that out. Magnificent.

A masterclass in sport psychology. So rare to see it so starkly on the field. Haka ? F*ck you. Brilliant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I seem to recall a game where an international team turned their backs to the Haka, New Zealand were so pissed off they won by about 40 clear points.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
It's clearly a hugely psychological thing because the last time the Kiwis lost a WC was when the French marched down the Haka, before that was disallowed

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I remember when we played Reading one evening at the Madjeski, under Micky Adams. Whilst Reading were doing their pre-match huddle scrum thing, the Albion players lined up along the half-way line and when the huddle broke the Reading players were confronted with our whole team standing there menacingly looking at them.
I believe we won 2-1.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I thought a bit of Morris Dancing from our guys would have been appropriate.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I hate that teams get fined for not countering the haka. It's a war dance designed to intimidate so why should the opposition be forced to watch it?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
NINTCHDBPICT000534291147.jpg

With that giant V.

I can't recall a more psychological dismantling of an opponent before the whistle. Absolute box office, and I truly believe this got RIGHT under the skin of the All Blacks from the start. The pattern of the match, with that ferocious start from England, would bear that out. Magnificent.

A masterclass in sport psychology. So rare to see it so starkly on the field. Haka ? F*ck you. Brilliant.

Another one to add to the list Steve Collins when he fought Eubank and sat in the corner with a hood on and earphones and ignored the whole showman entrance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here