Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That winning goal

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Had it not been an OG, it might have been a contender for team goal of the season, come next May.

Watching it again a few times today, the build up is a thing of pure beauty.
Ryan’s throw to Alzate, his sublime back heel to Burn, a quick pass to Trossard, who finds Stephens. Dale caresses a beautiful ball through to Burn - who has kept running - and he perfectly weighs his pass to Trossard, who does the rest. It just needed Murray to be on the end of it to fulfil its glory... not that I’m complaining.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big Burrrnnnn
Big Burrrnnnn
Big Dan Burn.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had it not been an OG, it might have been a contender for team goal of the season, come next May.

Watching it again a few times today, the build up is a thing of pure beauty.
Ryan’s throw to Burn, a quick pass to Trossard, who finds Stephens. Dale caresses a beautiful ball through to Burn - who has kept running - and he perfectly weighs his pass to Trossard, who does the rest. It just needed Murray to be on the end of it to fulfil its glory... not that I’m complaining.

Nope. Ryan rolled it out to Alzate who BACKHEELED it to Burn. It’s better than you thought.

Muzza would have scored if Digne hadn’t

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Nope. Ryan rolled it out to Alzate who BACKHEELED it to Burn. It’s better than you thought.

Cool. Knew there was something I was missing from the Sky highlights app!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Alzate - 2 touches
Burn - 1 touch
Trossard - 2 touches
Stephens - 2 touches
Burn - 3 touches
Trossard - 2 touches
Digne - 1 touch

So calmly done all the way through as well.

Lovely.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Muzza would have scored if Digne hadn’t

Yep Muzza had it if Digne hadn't. His position forced Digne to slide in.

I don't know if he would - something suggested by someone else on another thread. I can't recall which one now.

Murray checked his run slightly and was peeling away from the ball, possibly anticipating an aerial cross for him to nod in at the far post. Trossard's low ball was angled forward, and I'm not sure Murray would have reached it.

Like you though, at the time I certainly thought he would and, most importantly Digne believed Murray was going to score.

Video if you can be arsed to analyse it for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgviY3LEXg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if he would - something suggested by someone else on another thread. I can't recall which one now.

Murray checked his run slightly and was peeling away from the ball, possibly anticipating an aerial cross for him to nod in at the far post. Trossard's low ball was angled forward, and I'm not sure Murray would have reached it.

Like you though, at the time I certainly thought he would and, most importantly Digne believed Murray was going to score.

T'is a moot point he'd have found a way to get off-side.

Come on people - we kid because we love.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgviY3LEXg

Yeah, at full speed it looks like it may have evaded him. Hard to tell. Nice of Digne to nail it for us !

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The most important point for me is that we had the confidence and nerve to try a move like that in injury time when previously we would have happily settled for the point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a great angle to see it from.

It is, and great for us to watch, but still struggle to see why anyone attending a match films bits of it on their phone................................each to their own I guess.

I actually lost my phone out of my pocket in the ensuing bundle when the ball went in the net :lolol::lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It is, and great for us to watch, but still struggle to see why anyone attending a match films bits of it on their phone................................each to their own I guess.

I actually lost my phone out of my pocket in the ensuing bundle when the ball went in the net :lolol::lolol:

I kinda get what you mean, but without them doing their thing and then posting it for the world to see, we wouldn't have the subsequent 'fan's perspective' videos to drool over... :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here