Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spanish Football

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just watched my first game live, Sevilla v Getafe (2-0).

Very loud atmosphere but very very different. I think mainly down to no away fans and no alcohol in the ground :)

I was technically in the "away section" no more than a handful of Getafe fans and the rest of the seats sold to locals.

Very impressive when the players enter the pitch, no music but the whole crowd sing their anthem in unison.

Enjoyed it.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watched my first game live, Sevilla v Getafe (2-0).

Very loud atmosphere but very very different. I think mainly down to no away fans and no alcohol in the ground :)

I was technically in the "away section" no more than a handful of Getafe fans and the rest of the seats sold to locals.

Very impressive when the players enter the pitch, no music but the whole crowd sing their anthem in unison.

Enjoyed it.

how long are you there?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sounds great!

In what ways was it different to your average game here?
Well I've just watched an average game here.

Getafe played a concrete 442 with 8 men behind the ball at many times. To be honest we could have beaten both teams tonight :)

The major difference is

1) No away fans, well maybe 10 ? The stadium goes silent when the away team shoot.

2) Completely sparse concourse, but why the hell would you eat in a stadium in the home of tapas ?

3) No replays on the screens.

4) Fans very very loudly boo any decision that doesn't go their way to an extreme. Officials were booed off at half time and the only reason I can give is Sevilla didn't score !!

Beyond that very similar and you realise how generic top level football has become.

However the weather here is 26 degrees in the day time....

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Am in Bareclona for a few days and taking in Barcelona v Real Valladolid tomorrow night.

Went to Real Madrid v Ath Bilbao a few years ago and found the lack of away fans very strange. Reminded me of the time Cheltenham brought about 12 fans to Withdean for an evening game.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1) No away fans, well maybe 10 ? The stadium goes silent when the away team shoot.

2) Completely sparse concourse, but why the hell would you eat in a stadium in the home of tapas ?

3) No replays on the screens.

4) Fans very very loudly boo any decision that doesn't go their way to an extreme. Officials were booed off at half time and the only reason I can give is Sevilla didn't score !!

Beyond that very similar and you realise how generic top level football has become.

However the weather here is 26 degrees in the day time....

You're telling me the Sevilla fans weren't munching on sunflower seeds throughout and didn't unwrap the foil from their bocadillos in unison at halftime?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here