Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay/Connolly - our best striker "gelled" pairing since....????

I truly loved that rollicking Murray-Forster partnership in the dying days of Dean Wilkins and you can't look past the hugely productive Murray-Barnes (with Wood thrown in) during Poyet's resurgence of the club. Odd that we never built a truly potent partnership since. I know Baldock will have his fans but he wasn't quite prolific enough for me. If only Billy Paynter and Chuba Akpom had been partnered up

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Having watched the extended highlights I thought Connolly was a real handful. Won the first free kick with a canny piece of footwork and then won the penalty. Not sure if we will have a Maupay/Connolly knocking in hatfulls of goals as I tend to think Trossard and the midfield will weigh in with quite a few as well. Still buzzing after yesterday, at last a bit of luck....

I am looking forward to revisiting this post in three years time and saying they are the most successful partnership since Wardy and Spider. Now wouldn't that be nice?

TNBA

TTF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stupidly early to even be asking the question IMHO. Connolly is clearly an absolute monster in the making, Maupay is a bit of an upgrade on Andone. Now that Trossard is back in the mix, both will benefit hugely from the mayhem he creates. Who knows? Ask us again in ten games time.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Surprised we didn't sign Leroy Lita and Jon Obika. Now that would of been a partnership.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite a few times in the first half they were trying to occupy the same space ...inexperience? Still think a little man big man partnership has something to offer
Interesting that Biss was stripped and ready to come on and the management team had a sudden change of heart in Murray’s favour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite a few times in the first half they were trying to occupy the same space ...inexperience? Still think a little man big man partnership has something to offer
Interesting that Biss was stripped and ready to come on and the management team had a sudden change of heart in Murray’s favour

Didn’t we get the penalty whilst Bissouma was getting ready to come on? I guess once the penalty was possible a change of tactics from chasing the game to trying to win it? Makes sense to me anyway :shrug:

Iwelumo and Knight

Great closers to an amazingly big stage, but I marginally perferred Benjamin and Knight earlier that year

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Maupay should have more recognition IMO. Someone described him as being as irritating as a wasp......always buzzing about, chasing, pressing the opposition defenders, it's a good comparison. He should now be known as THE WASP..?.........Connolly is Rooney like in his attitude and play. Good partnership.

D

Deleted member 2719

Maupay should have more recognition IMO. Someone described him as being as irritating as a wasp......always buzzing about, chasing, pressing the opposition defenders, it's a good comparison. He should now be known as THE WASP..?.........Connolly is Rooney like in his attitude and play. Good partnership.

Messi is known as the flea, I would compare myself to a tick in my footballing days, the forward would be left with a mark once I got off them.:hilton:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Messi is known as the flea, I would compare myself to a tick in my footballing days, the forward would be left with a mark once I got off them.:hilton:

Ha ha I should have been known as The Ghost. Only a few witnessed an occasional subs appearance for the local third team.:dunce:

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha ha I should have been known as The Ghost. Only a few witnessed an occasional subs appearance for the local third team.:dunce:

Nooooooooooooo mate, that's not true you were known as 'the ghost' because you were full of spirit........................Jamesons.:whisky::whisky::whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here